8.0

2017 Hyundai Tucson engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Hyundai Tucson:

2017 Hyundai Tucson Owner Comments

Jun 012017

Tucson Premiums 2.0L

2017 Hyundai Tucson AWD 2.0 5400 KM

Hey guys, I have a brand new Tucson AWD, purchased the vehicle in March 2017. It has been about 2-3 months I have realized there is a noise each time I accelerate with the car. The noise happens once only and is not continuous. I have tried to piece as much info I can about the issue and I have this:

- the noise sounds like a light "knock" coming from the right side of the car, not quite sure if it is front or rear (dealership service has looked into rear and have not found a problem, will explain later). - when I turn on the car and put the car in drive and begin to accelerate, the noise always happens at 29-30 KM (ALWAYS that KM). - it happens regardless of direction, going straight or turning. - as mentioned this sound happens once and never again until I shut off the engine and re-start the car to drive off again (regardless of time interval of car being shut ex. I have gone to the corner store heard the noise, parked the car once getting there, stayed in the store 5 minutes, got back in the car took off and the noise happened again like always). - if I apply my brakes before 29-30 km, the noise will still happen after I get back up to 29-30 km.

I have been in and out of the Hyundai dealership garage I bought the car (because of the warranty). So far they have checked the rear right end of the car and not solved the problem, they have changed: - the muffler, close valve & viscous coupling in the diff.

Need any help I can get to take back to the dealer as they are out of ideas, this is getting very frustrating so I apologize for the story book but if I can get any help at all you guys are the best!

Thanks, Phil