- June 28: Chrysler Monostable Gear Shifter Lawsuit Partly Dismissed news | 13 days ago
- June 21: Mahindra ROXOR Too Much Like a Jeep Wrangler: ITC news | 20 days ago
- June 19: Jeep Cherokees Recalled For Rollaway Dangers recalls | 22 days ago
- June 8: Chrysler Oil Consumption Lawsuit Targets Tigershark Engines news | 33 days ago
- May 8: Chrysler Engine Oil Consumption Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 64 days ago
Jeep Recall : Chrysler/Front Brake Rotor
1991 Jeep Cherokee
The reduced strength can allow the cast iron wear surface to separate from the hub, reducing the brake effectiveness of the vehicle.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Foundation Components — Disc — Rotor
- Vehicle description: Passenger and multi-purpose vehicles originally sold or currently registered in the states of Connecticut, Illinois, Indiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, or Wisconsin, and the District of Columbia. The front disc brake rotors can experience severe corrosion if operated for an extensive period in the "salt belt." If the rotors are not replaced, the corrosion can eventually compromise the structural integrity of the stamped steel center hub section of the rotor.
- Dealers will replace these rotors with rotors that are coated with a corrosion protection.
Click a tab for more information.