- January 13: Jeep Renegade Cooling Fan Lawsuit Dismissed news | 15 days ago
- December 14: Chrysler Headrest Lawsuit Certified as a Class Action news | 45 days ago
- December 13: Chrysler Lifetime Warranty Lawsuit Dismissal Requested news | 46 days ago
- November 21: Jeep Grand Cherokee EGR Cooler Recall For Fires recalls | 68 days ago
- November 18: Jeep Cherokees Recalled For Steering Issues recalls | 71 days ago
Jeep Recall S38: Left Front Halfshaft May Fracture
2016 Jeep Cherokee
A fractured halfshaft may disconnect from the drive axle, increasing the risk of a crash.
Power Train — Axle Assembly — Axle Shaft
- Chrysler Group LLC (Chrysler) is recalling certain model year 2016 Jeep Cherokee vehicles manufactured September 30, 2015, to October 2, 2015. The left halfshaft may have been incorrectly manufactured causing it to fracture without warning.
- Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will replace the left halfshaft, free of charge. The recall began on June 30, 2016. Owners may contact Chrysler's customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's recall number is S38.
- Documents (17)
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 2
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - June 2016
- Defect 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - 05/11/2016 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – S38051116
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2016-2
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 3
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2016-3
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2016-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-1
Click a tab for more information.