- June 15: 2018 Jeep Wranglers Recalled For Loss of Steering recalls | 10 days ago
- June 15: 2019 Jeep Cherokee Recall Issued For Engine Problems recalls | 10 days ago
- May 25: Chrysler Recalls Nearly 5 Million Vehicles For Cruise Control Problems recalls | 31 days ago
- May 22: Transmission Park Lock Rods Cause FCA Recall recalls | 34 days ago
- May 22: 2018 Jeep Compass SUVs Recalled To Replace Control Arms recalls | 34 days ago
Jeep Recall S38: Left Front Halfshaft May Fracture
2016 Jeep Cherokee
A fractured halfshaft may disconnect from the drive axle, increasing the risk of a crash.
Power Train — Axle Assembly — Axle Shaft
- Chrysler Group LLC (Chrysler) is recalling certain model year 2016 Jeep Cherokee vehicles manufactured September 30, 2015, to October 2, 2015. The left halfshaft may have been incorrectly manufactured causing it to fracture without warning.
- Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will replace the left halfshaft, free of charge. The recall began on June 30, 2016. Owners may contact Chrysler's customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's recall number is S38.
- Documents (17)
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 2
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - June 2016
- Defect 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - 05/11/2016 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – S38051116
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2016-2
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 3
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2016-3
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2016-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-1
Click a tab for more information.