- January 6: Jeep Wrangler Right-Hand-Drive Investigation Closed investigations | 12 days ago
- December 17: Chrysler Lifetime Powertrain Warranty Class Action Lawsuit Transferred news | 32 days ago
- November 30: Mahindra ROXOR Is Too Similar to a Jeep, Judge Finds news | 49 days ago
- November 22: Chrysler TIPM Recall Issued For 698,000 SUVs recalls | 57 days ago
Jeep Recall U52: Cylinder Or Camshaft Damage
2019 Jeep Cherokee
Cylinder damage or camshaft failure can cause the engine to stall, increasing the risk of a crash.
Engine And Engine Cooling — Engine
- Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2019 Jeep Cherokee vehicles equipped with 2.0L engines. The engines in these vehicles may be missing valve stem keepers, which can allow the valve to drop into the engine cylinder causing engine damage. These engines may also have a reversed camshaft cap that can damage the camshaft bearing causing camshaft failure.
- Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and repair or replace the affected engine components, as necessary, free of charge. The recall began August 9, 2018. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is U52.
Click a tab for more information.