- November 23: FCA Recalls 2018 Jeep Compass SUVs to Fix Airbags recalls | 1 days ago
- November 21: Kayla White Jeep Liberty Lawsuit Will Continue news | 3 days ago
- November 9: Jeep Wrangler Heater Core Replacement Lawsuit Challenged news | 15 days ago
- October 13: Chrysler Recalls 470,000 Cars and SUVs to Fix Head Restraint Issues recalls | 42 days ago
- October 11: Ohio Woman Dies in Fiery Jeep Liberty Rear-End Crash news | 44 days ago
NHTSA — Power Train Problems
2006 Jeep Commander (Page 3 of 9)
CarComplaints.com Notes: Whenever a new product is introduced, there's bound to be some problems. And man oh man, does the 2006 Commander have some problems.
It's the plight of the 1st-generation adopter: you get the newest and shiniest in exchange for a handful of issues that get ironed out in future versions. But what happens when that handful of issues becomes a bucketload? The 2006 Commander has quality control issues like the door handles breaking off and the sunroof leaking. But what's truly worrisome is the electrical problems like the vehicle shutting down unexpectedly, gauges going crazy or the cruise control having a mind of its own.
Bottom line: if you want a Jeep Commander, you're better off looking at a later model year.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 5 / 2
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 4 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 77,863 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.