ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments (Page 13 of 31)

Sep 052013

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that the shift lever failed to go into reverse or drive and would shift into a lower gear without warning. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, but was not diagnosed or repaired. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V438000 (electrical system) and stated that the parts needed for the repair were not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 72,000.

- Los Angeles , CA, USA

Feb 142014

Grand Cherokee

My husband and I were traveling to charleston, SC on I-26 to have a nice valentine's weekend. Everything was fine until we merged onto I-26 in columbia, SC, when we felt a small jolt in the truck like it was hesitating or something. So we dismissed it as maybe bad gas or something. It happened a couple more times and as we were passing a rest area outside of orangeburg, SC in the left lane going with the flow of traffic at about 80 mph, the whole truck just shut down. No power steering and the car will not crank in neutral. Traffic is pretty heavy on a holiday weekend, and I have tractor trailer beside me and behind me on a two lane interstate. Trying not to panic, I put on the hazard lights and waving out the window like crazy trying to get these truck driver's attention, thank god they noticed and the one beside me sped up and my husband was able to get over by the exit of the rest area. After thanking god for our lives, we decided to try and make it to a dealership in orangeburg. We get there, and after 2 hours they say it was the throttle body and a tune up $300 bucks and another 2 hours we finally got on our way. We made it to charleston and salvaged a pretty good day trip considering what we went through, with no problems. It jolted once on the way back about 40 miles from home. So the next day I remembered we had gotten a letter from Chrysler, and when we looked at it we realized that the recall was the real problem. This letter came in September of 2013, and we have not heard anything from them since then, almost 2 years later. Also, you would think that a Jeep dealer would know about recalls on all of the vehicles they sell when they put the VIN in the system. Now we just use the one key, stay close to the right lane and hope for the best. Another car/payments is not an option.

- Rock Hill, SC, USA

Sep 122014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that there was a progressive failure in which the vehicle would not start. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who replaced the fuses near the ignition switch and the failure did not recur. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V438000 (electrical system) and stated that the part was not available within a reasonable timeframe to schedule the recall repair. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the contact's vehicle would receive the recall repair. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Mahopac, NY, USA

Sep 172014

Grand Cherokee

I was driving at highway speed when I accidently touched the key in the ignition switch. The engine died and I coasted to the roadside where I restarted the engine. I had received the recall notice sent by Chrysler and had followed the directions contained in the notice, so notified them of the incident. About a month later the same thing occurred but this time I did not touch the key. This time it happened while I was stopped at an intersection and started to accelerate into a turn. The vehicle had just began to move when it died. I restarted the vehicle and completed the trip. I again notified Chrysler who directed me to have the switch replaced immediately. The dealer that I was using told me the old model replacement switch was not in stock and unavailable as the new parts had not been produced and he would not attempt to find a replacement. I located a dealer who ordered the old designed part from Chrysler stock and replaced it for me. They also instructed me to return when the new parts are available as the work did not satisfy the recall notice. I contacted Chrysler some time back to see when newly designed parts would be available and they still had not received them. They also said they had no time frame for the replacement parts. This is the one year anniversary of the problem without resolution, far too long. Updated 09/14/15

- Sulphur, OK, USA

Jul 212015

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee. While driving at 45 mph, the vehicle stalled. The contact was unable to restart the vehicle. The contact had to use the spare key to get the vehicle to restart. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. However, the key was taken to a dealer who diagnosed that a board in the battery needed to be replaced. The key was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The VIN was included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V438000 (electrical system). The failure mileage was 65,000.

- Markham , IL, USA

Mar 162011

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that the interior lighting, instrument panel, and rear lights would flash on and off. The engine light remained illuminated after the failure. Also, the contact mentioned that the traction control and ABS would fail to reengage after the failure. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing. The technician stated that the vehicle was included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V438000 (electrical system). However, the manufacturer had yet to implement a remedy to deter the failure. The vehicle was repaired but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 70,000.

- Springfield, MA, USA

Sep 062014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that NHTSA campaign number: 14V438000 (electrical system) exceeded a reasonable amount of time for repair. The dealer referred the contact to the manufacturer. The manufacturer stated that parts needed were unable for repair. The vehicle was not able to be repaired. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 09/10/15

- Bloomfield Hills, MI, USA

Oct 152014

Grand Cherokee 4WD 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V438000 (electrical system); however, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 09/21/15 updated 12/4/2017

- Roscoe, IL, USA

Sep 052014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received a notice for NHTSA campaign number: 14V438000 (electrical system). The contact stated that the part needed to remedy the vehicle was not available. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Williamsburg , KY, USA

Jun 132014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that the vehicle stalled more than once several months ago. The dealer was unable to replicate and diagnose the failure. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V438000 (electrical system) and stated that the part was not available within a reasonable timeframe to schedule the recall repair. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the contact's vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact was unable to determine when the failure would recur. The failure mileage was not available.

- New Rochelle, NY, USA

Sep 152014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee. When the key was turned to the on position, the engine failed to start. The vehicle was towed to a dealer, but the failure could not be duplicated. The failure recurred multiple times. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V438000 (electrical system); however, the parts for repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 98,000.

- Waverly, OH, USA

Apr 282014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee. While attempting to park, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was taken to be diagnosed, but the failure could not be duplicated. It was unknown where the vehicle was taken for diagnostic testing. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V438000 (electrical system); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Palm Bay, FL, USA

Oct 132014

Grand Cherokee 4WD 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V438000(electrical system). The contact stated that the part needed to remedy the vehicle was unavailable. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. MA 10/1

- Pleasant Hill, MO, USA

May 222015

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V438000 (electrical system); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. While driving approximately 30 mph, the vehicle shut off. The vehicle was able to restart. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 40,000.

- Pine Isled, NY, USA

Aug 012014

Grand Cherokee

Problems with car for over a year. Car would stall unexpectedly while driving approx 30 mph. Happened on numerous occasions. Multiple times car would not start. Instrument warning lights would go on at times and then go off. Car has been serviced and any repairs made as warranted. Took to dealer for recall but told part is unavailable. Dealer replaced ignition switch with a "new" one. Car still stalls out and today would not start. Extremely unhappy with Chrysler and the delay in delivering the recall parts. The reasonable time for remedy had been grossly exceeded. I feel the car is unsafe to drive. I hope to be contacted asap about this situation.

- Westfield, NJ, USA

Sep 032014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V438000 (electrical system); however, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Clear Lake, IA, USA

Sep 012014

Grand Cherokee 4WD 6-cyl

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Consumer writes in regards to ignition switch recall notice issues and lack of parts. Recall # 14V438000.

- Gainesville, VA, USA

Aug 172010

Grand Cherokee

Traded vehicle after owning for very short period of time due to stalling of engine

- Manchester , KY, USA

Aug 012011

Grand Cherokee 4WD 6-cyl

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Consumer writes in regards to ignition switch recall notice issues. The consumer stated for years he experienced a problem with the dashboard warning lights blinking, such as the ABS, seat belt, air bag, tcs, esp, etc. They would blink once a week and lasted for a few minutes. The even was followed by a steady malfunction indicator light. The light would go off by itself within 24-48 hours. The consumer received recall # 14V438000 months ago and never received a follow-up letter as the first letter stated. Updated 09/10/15 updated 10/25/2017

- Old Saybrook, CT, USA

Jun 262015

Grand Cherokee

Received a safety recall notice some time last year 2014. Called and no one was of much assistance. Said the parts were not available.they asked for my email and I never received any correspondence back. Took the Jeep to the dealer as the safety recall letter stated and they said they could not help me out. No accidents yet but I am very concerned for my safety. My tps light stays on constantly. I get my tires checked frequently to fix the issue and everytime I go, I am told my tires are fine. As I was driving, all ABS and traction lights go off, making it very difficult to brake safely. I was told my serpentine belt had to be replaced. I had this issue fixed last year, and it was not inexpensive. It has been less than a year and already the problem shows up again. I feel very unsafe driving and I feel this is a recall issue that needs to be addressed. I would appreciate it if someone would contact me regarding this problem and help me out so that I can feel safe while driving.

- Reno, NV, USA