- March 17: Remington Walden Lawsuit Award of $40 Million Upheld news | 33 days ago
- March 12: Jeep Wrangler HVAC Problems Rampant, Says Lawsuit news | 38 days ago
- March 6: Chrysler Recalls Jeep Renegades For Stalling Risk recalls | 44 days ago
- March 2: Chrysler TPMS Valve Stem Lawsuit Continues in Delaware news | 48 days ago
- March 2: Chrysler 9-Speed ZF 9HP Transmission Lawsuit Nearly Settled news | 48 days ago
Leather Dashboard Is Bubbling/Wrinkling Up
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Page 1 of 4)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Jeep dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The fourth generation Grand Cherokee took the relatively trouble-free run of the 3rd-generation and flipped the script.
From 2010 to 2011, complaints about the vehicle not starting increased 10-fold. In fact, the 2011 model year is riddled with engine problems and a defective TIPM might be to blame. The TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Module) distributes power to all the eletrical components in the vehicle, so when it starts acting funny so do numerous other components in the car. Orders for new TIPMs were so abundant that parts became scarce, prompting a class-action lawsuit claiming Chrysler ignored this obvious defect.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 55,850 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 67 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (26 reports)
- replace dash (21 reports)
- replace dashboard (9 reports)
- replace console lid (4 reports)
- repair dashboard (3 reports)
- no (2 reports)
accessories - interior problem