- December 2: Chrysler 9-Speed Transmission Lawsuit Awaits Final Settlement news | 10 days ago
- November 28: Chrysler Prevails in Jeep Wrangler Wrongful Death Lawsuit news | 14 days ago
- November 22: Chrysler Recalls 2018 Jeep Wranglers Over Door Latches recalls | 20 days ago
- November 21: 2018 Jeep Wrangler Frame Welds Should Be Investigated: Petition investigations | 21 days ago
- November 14: 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Clock Spring Recall May Be Needed news | 28 days ago
Leather Dashboard Is Bubbling/Wrinkling Up
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Page 1 of 4)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Jeep dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The fourth generation Grand Cherokee took the relatively trouble-free run of the 3rd-generation and flipped the script.
From 2010 to 2011, complaints about the vehicle not starting increased 10-fold. In fact, the 2011 model year is riddled with engine problems and a defective TIPM might be to blame. The TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Module) distributes power to all the eletrical components in the vehicle, so when it starts acting funny so do numerous other components in the car. Orders for new TIPMs were so abundant that parts became scarce, prompting a class-action lawsuit claiming Chrysler ignored this obvious defect.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 56,750 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 73 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (28 reports)
- replace dash (23 reports)
- replace dashboard (10 reports)
- repair dashboard (4 reports)
- replace console lid (4 reports)
- no (2 reports)
accessories - interior problem