- October 3: Jeep Wrangler Right-Hand-Drive SUVs Recalled recalls | 45 days ago
- September 30: Chrysler Active Head Restraint Investigation Opened investigations | 48 days ago
- September 30: Chrysler Lifetime Powertrain Warranty Class Action Lawsuit Transferred news | 48 days ago
- September 21: Jeep Wrangler Frame Problems Lead to Investigation investigations | 57 days ago
- September 19: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Seat Belts Not Retracting investigations | 59 days ago
Leather Dashboard Is Bubbling/Wrinkling Up
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Page 1 of 4)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Jeep dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The fourth generation Grand Cherokee took the relatively trouble-free run of the 3rd-generation and flipped the script.
From 2010 to 2011, complaints about the vehicle not starting increased 10-fold. In fact, the 2011 model year is riddled with engine problems and a defective TIPM might be to blame. The TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Module) distributes power to all the eletrical components in the vehicle, so when it starts acting funny so do numerous other components in the car. Orders for new TIPMs were so abundant that parts became scarce, prompting a class-action lawsuit claiming Chrysler ignored this obvious defect.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 60,100 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 79 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (31 reports)
- replace dash (24 reports)
- replace dashboard (11 reports)
- repair dashboard (5 reports)
- replace console lid (4 reports)
- no (2 reports)
accessories - interior problem