- June 15: 2018 Jeep Wranglers Recalled For Loss of Steering recalls | 8 days ago
- June 15: 2019 Jeep Cherokee Recall Issued For Engine Problems recalls | 8 days ago
- May 25: Chrysler Recalls Nearly 5 Million Vehicles For Cruise Control Problems recalls | 29 days ago
- May 22: Transmission Park Lock Rods Cause FCA Recall recalls | 32 days ago
- May 22: 2018 Jeep Compass SUVs Recalled To Replace Control Arms recalls | 32 days ago
Leather Dashboard Is Bubbling/Wrinkling Up
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Page 1 of 4)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Jeep dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The fourth generation Grand Cherokee took the relatively trouble-free run of the 3rd-generation and flipped the script.
From 2010 to 2011, complaints about the vehicle not starting increased 10-fold. In fact, the 2011 model year is riddled with engine problems and a defective TIPM might be to blame. The TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Module) distributes power to all the eletrical components in the vehicle, so when it starts acting funny so do numerous other components in the car. Orders for new TIPMs were so abundant that parts became scarce, prompting a class-action lawsuit claiming Chrysler ignored this obvious defect.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 56,500 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 69 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (27 reports)
- replace dash (21 reports)
- replace dashboard (10 reports)
- replace console lid (4 reports)
- repair dashboard (3 reports)
- no (2 reports)
accessories - interior problem