- May 16: Chrysler HEMI Engine Ticking Noise Causes Lawsuit news | 5 days ago
- May 2: Jeep Grand Cherokees Recalled For Turn Signal Problems recalls | 19 days ago
- April 28: Chrysler Destination Charge Lawsuit Filed in Delaware news | 23 days ago
- April 2: Jeep Grand Cherokee L SUVs Recalled For Missing Welds recalls | 49 days ago
- March 25: Chrysler Oil Consumption Lawsuit Settlement Reached news | 57 days ago
Leather Dashboard Is Bubbling/Wrinkling Up
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Page 1 of 5)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Jeep dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The fourth generation Grand Cherokee took the relatively trouble-free run of the 3rd-generation and flipped the script.
From 2010 to 2011, complaints about the vehicle not starting increased 10-fold. In fact, the 2011 model year is riddled with engine problems and a defective TIPM might be to blame. The TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Module) distributes power to all the eletrical components in the vehicle, so when it starts acting funny so do numerous other components in the car. Orders for new TIPMs were so abundant that parts became scarce, prompting a class-action lawsuit claiming Chrysler ignored this obvious defect.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 62,400 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 85 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (32 reports)
- replace dash (26 reports)
- replace dashboard (14 reports)
- repair dashboard (5 reports)
- replace console lid (4 reports)
- no (2 reports)
accessories - interior problem