- August 13: Mahindra Roxor Is NOT a Jeep, Says Chrysler in Federal Complaint news | 2 days ago
- August 13: Jeep Cherokees and Chrylser Pacificas Recalled Over Halfshafts recalls | 2 days ago
- August 1: No Nationwide Class-Action for Chrysler Hacking Lawsuit news | 14 days ago
- July 19: Jeep Liberty Gas Tank Fire Allegedly Caused Woman's Death news | 27 days ago
- June 25: SUV Crash Test Ratings For 2018 Models news | 51 days ago
Leather Dashboard Is Bubbling/Wrinkling Up
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Page 1 of 4)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Jeep dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The fourth generation Grand Cherokee took the relatively trouble-free run of the 3rd-generation and flipped the script.
From 2010 to 2011, complaints about the vehicle not starting increased 10-fold. In fact, the 2011 model year is riddled with engine problems and a defective TIPM might be to blame. The TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Module) distributes power to all the eletrical components in the vehicle, so when it starts acting funny so do numerous other components in the car. Orders for new TIPMs were so abundant that parts became scarce, prompting a class-action lawsuit claiming Chrysler ignored this obvious defect.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 56,700 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 70 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (27 reports)
- replace dash (22 reports)
- replace dashboard (10 reports)
- replace console lid (4 reports)
- repair dashboard (3 reports)
- no (2 reports)
accessories - interior problem