- October 22: Headlight Problems Cause Jeep Grand Cherokee L Recall recalls | 4 days ago
- September 26: Jeep Grand Cherokee L Recall: Rearview Camera Image Failures recalls | 30 days ago
- September 20: Jeep Wrangler 4xe Recall Needed, Alleges Class Action Lawsuit news | 36 days ago
- September 10: Jeep 9-Speed Transmission Problems Land in Court news | 46 days ago
- September 7: Chrysler Transmission Class Action Lawsuit Says CVTs Defective news | 49 days ago
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee
CarComplaints.com Notes: The fourth generation Grand Cherokee took the relatively trouble-free run of the 3rd-generation and flipped the script.
From 2010 to 2011, complaints about the vehicle not starting increased 10-fold. In fact, the 2011 model year is riddled with engine problems and a defective TIPM might be to blame. The TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Module) distributes power to all the eletrical components in the vehicle, so when it starts acting funny so do numerous other components in the car. Orders for new TIPMs were so abundant that parts became scarce, prompting a class-action lawsuit claiming Chrysler ignored this obvious defect.
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Transmission Not Working Properly6
- Transmission Fluid Leaking5
- Banging Into Gear2
- Transmission Sticks In A Gear When Accelerating2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Control Module (Tcm, ...2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Jeep Grand Cherokee Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Grand Cherokee compares to other years?
Check out our Jeep Grand Cherokee overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Grand Cherokee.