- January 19: Chrysler Recalls 317,000 Vehicles For Takata Airbags recalls | 4 days ago
- January 16: Chrysler Says Hacking Lawsuit Should Be Tossed Out news | 7 days ago
- January 3: Jeep Wrangler Heating and AC Lawsuit Is Over news | 20 days ago
- January 3: Chrysler Recalls Vehicles With Kidde Fire Extinguishers recalls | 20 days ago
- December 29: 2012 Jeep Liberty ORC Module Investigation Closed investigations | 25 days ago
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee
CarComplaints.com Notes: The fourth generation Grand Cherokee took the relatively trouble-free run of the 3rd-generation and flipped the script.
From 2010 to 2011, complaints about the vehicle not starting increased 10-fold. In fact, the 2011 model year is riddled with engine problems and a defective TIPM might be to blame. The TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Module) distributes power to all the eletrical components in the vehicle, so when it starts acting funny so do numerous other components in the car. Orders for new TIPMs were so abundant that parts became scarce, prompting a class-action lawsuit claiming Chrysler ignored this obvious defect.
Worst 2011 Grand Cherokee transmission Problems
Stay Up to Date
Compare Jeep Grand Cherokee Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Grand Cherokee compares to other years?
Check out our Jeep Grand Cherokee overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Grand Cherokee.