ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

7.9

$360

1. replace window regulator (214 reports)
  2. replace windows plus regulators (62 reports)
  4. recall the part that is defective (21 reports)
  5. calling Chrysler lack of customer service center (10 reports)
  6. disconnected regulator and window permanently stays up (10 reports)
2006 Jeep Liberty windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Jeep Liberty:

2006 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments (Page 1 of 19)

Oct 012010

Liberty Sport

So Chrysler covered the new motors BUT the new motors did not fit the current glass windows. Had to buy 2 new windows for the fix. The manufacturer should have covered the new windows since they changed the size.

- Cara T., Chicago, US

Mar 012017

Liberty Limited Crd

Chrysler needs to pay for repair for the lifetime of the vehicle...

- Tony J., RAYMOND, WA, US

Nov 102017

Liberty Sport V6

At least the door opens. We just need to get a new regulator to replace this one. After reading about all the issues with OEM parts we may be going with an aftermarket one.

- Beth M., Hummelstown, US

Nov 022015

Liberty Sport V6

In 2015 the rear driver side window regular stopped working. To make matters worse, when it decided to stop working it got caught in the door latch and we cannot open the door, hence the reason it hasn't been fixed yet. My husband will do the repair as he works in a auto body shop it's just him nor any of the guys he works with have figured out how to get the panel off to get the door open to fix it. We are about ready to buy a new door panel and just cut this one apart to get in to fix it.

- Beth M., Hummelstown, US

May 052017

Liberty V6

I understand the 2006 - 2007 Liberty has had recalls for this problem on certain vehicles. I contacted FCA they said mine was not one of them, but to have 2 regulators out on separate windows strongly suggest that FCA missed this one... nice job FCA way to cover up.

- Michael P., Lake Orion, US

May 132013

Liberty

This was the 3rd (or 4th) window that I had to fix. So aggravating!! Why can't this problem be corrected?? My car guy said that the replacement parts were so poorly made that it will just keep breaking. And for me to be prepared to have them tear up again. So aggravating!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Cathy B., New Hope, US

Mar 202014

Liberty

NEEDLESS TO SAY AFTER REPLACING A WINDOW REGULATOR FOR THE FORTH TIME ON MY JEEP THAT I LOVE OTHERWISE, I AM SO PISSED THAT JEEP HAS NOT COME UP WITH A SOLUTION FOR THIS PROBLEM. WHAT THE HECK!!!! I WILL NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE BUY A JEEP!!!!!!!

- Cathy B., New Hope, US

May 022017

Liberty

This is the second one on the same vehicle. Makes American made stuff not worth looking at. Thanks Cry Slur! You just worry yourself about making sure you can fart through silk shorts while you put out shoddy cheap breakable product. I was a jeep fan, now you have broken the trust.

- Joe C., Salem, VA, US

Apr 192017

Liberty Sport 3.7L V6

Been lucky I guess, mine stays in the garage so it may have taken longer to break. I don't drive it much, maybe 1,000 a year. Went out the other day and the passenger rear window was all the way down inside the door. This happened with the Jeep sitting in the garage all on it's own. Hopefully my extended warranty I bought with the Jeep will take car of it. Have to call Carmax soon and see.

- Jim A., Raleigh, NC, US

Feb 122014

Liberty Limited 3.7L

The regulator is going out again. I took it to Jeep the first two times and got soaked real well 450.00 the first time and right at 400.00 the second time. Going out again. so I thought I would at least bitch about it. On a fixed income and babying it so I don't have to put out another 400.00.

- Jeff K., Bellevue, NE, USA

Jul 142015

Liberty Limited V6

Both rear windows and passenger front broke. Cost $225 at mechanic, about $100 to do it yourself. I would suggest to do it yourself as they will break again. 3rd time I have replaced.

- sbarrett, Chino Hills, CA, USA

Sep 302014

Liberty Sport Crd

This is the 4 of 4 issues with the window regulators. All 4 have been replaced and will hopefully hold up until I get rid of this piece of crap of a vehicle. Never buying Jeep again and totally turned off of domestics altogether.

Same thing...rolled down the rear driver window and the old familiar clicking sound occurred. Since this has happened 3 times prior, I knew it was the regulator. I immediately checked to see if the warranty was still valid and it was by a couple of months, thank gawd. Very pissed this time, as I've had to bring this vehicle in 4 separate times to replace 4 separate window regulators. I have better things to do with my time instead of waiting for my window regulators to be replaced, like working so that I afford to feed my family and pay for Jeep repairs so it seems.

Soooo getting rid of this vehicle and not buying a Jeep or Chrysler or any domestic vehicle ever again. I thought I would try a domestic since I've only owned Japanese previously and when Jeep came out with a diesel I was happy to buy. But this Jeep has left me with such bad experiences, that I'm going back to imports from here on out.

To North American manufacturers: If you want North Americans to support and buy North American vehicles, then get your shite together, no amount of patriotism is worth having to bring a domestic back to the shop over and over again because of bad craftsmanship and overall poor manufacturing practices. I'd rather give my money to the Japanese or Germans in order to ensure reliability.

Nov 122012

Liberty Sport Crd

This is the 3rd of 4 issues. Yeah, I've had all 4 window regulators replaced.

This time I rolled down the front passenger window and the same awful, but familiar clicking sound occurred. I immediately knew it was the window regulator again since this occurred the week before. Was beginning to wonder when the last window regulator was going to go. Why use crappy plastic for a part that is used often? I understand that you're trying to make the vehicle lighter, but c'mon use a better quality part instead using something cheap.

Nov 052012

Liberty Sport Crd

This is the 2nd of 4 issues. Yeah, I've had all 4 window regulators replaced.

Rolled down the front driver side window to enter the underground parking at work and then tried to roll it back up. The same familiar but annoying clicking sound occurred. I think grabbed the window before it dropped into the door and wedged wads of paper in between the glass and the frame to hold the window up.

Jun 012010

Liberty Sport Crd

This is the 1st for 4 occurrences. Yes, I've had all 4 window regulators replaced.

Rolled down the rear, passenger window to allow my kids to get some fresh air while waiting in the Jeep. When I tried to roll the windows back up, a strange clicking noise occurred and the window would not go up. When I tried to manually push the window up it almost dropped completely into the door, but I caught it in time. There was no recall notice at this time in Canada so I had to pay $750 to get the entire window assembly replaced. Very, very annoying.

Apr 292016

Liberty LTD V6

It was pouring down rain and I was on my way to work...I stopped at Taco Bell drive thru and had to roll down my window to pay....pushed the driver side rear button by mistake and the window would NOT go back up! I had to get out and push it up with both hands...got soaked and had to go to work like that! I was PISSED!

- Debra C., Elizabeth City, NC, US

Aug 012016

Liberty Limited 3.7L

Bought this Liberty and since it was winter, never thought to roll down the back window. Hmm, it would not go down. Took it all apart, ordered a replacement regulator and installed it. Now I find out that I have 3 more windows that are gonna break soon. Nice going, Chrysler!

- Scott B., Northglenn, CO, USA

Jun 202012

Liberty 4x4 3.7L

This was the first time we had a problem with the window regulator in our Jeep Liberty and the car repairmen said that he had seen many of them come through his shop and looked into it possibly being a recall, but it wasn't. Thankfully we had an extended warranty that we paid for (not from Jeep) that paid for the part, but did not pay for the labor to fix it. We now have the same problem a couple years later, and Jeep just wants to put people in harm's way and not pay to have it recalled and fixed!

- Heather C., Washington, IA, US

Jul 202016

Liberty 4x4 3.7L

In 2011 we purchased our Jeep Liberty used and around a year later I came out from work and the window was down in the door. Thankfully we had an extended warranty that we paid for (not from Jeep) that covered the part for the window regular but not the labor. Now a couple years later the other window in the back is having the same problem and will need to be fixed and will be completely out of our pockets which is around $350. Jeep is aware of the problem due to all of the articles I am reading online and I feel that this should be a recall issue. I have two small children that ride in this vehicle and this is highly unsafe for the window to just randomly fall down. This is a safety hazard and a problem that I should not have to pay for.

- Heather C., Washington, IA, US

Apr 102016

Liberty LX Diesel

IT WOULD SEEM THAT THIS IS A PROBLEM THAT CHRYSLER HAS HAD WITH THIS MODEL FOR YEARS. MINE JUST TOOK A LITTLE LONGER TO FAIL THAN SOME.

- springer1, Gray Creek, BC, Canada