- January 7: Jeep Wagoneers and Jeep Grand Wagoneers Recalled recalls | 21 days ago
- December 17: Jeep Grand Cherokee L Headlight Failures Cause Recall recalls | 42 days ago
- December 17: Jeep Wrangler 4xe SUVs Recalled Over Odometer Failures recalls | 42 days ago
- December 6: Jeep Wrangler Corrosion Warranty a 'Sham,' Says Lawsuit news | 53 days ago
- November 18: Jeep Grand Cherokee L and Wagoneer SUVs Recalled recalls | 71 days ago
Jeep Preliminary Evaluation PE06015: CLUTCH LINKAGE FAILURE
2006 Jeep Wrangler
CLUTCH LINKAGE FAILURE
Power Train:Clutch Assembly
Power Train:Clutch Assembly:Pedal/Hand Lever(Motorcycle)
- On May 2, 2006 DaimlerChrysler corporation (DCC) submitted to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) a part 573 report advising that certain model year 2006 Jeep Wrangler vehicles would be voluntarily rec alled to replace a defective clutch linkage component.the recall action is identified by NHTSA no. 06V147 (DCC no. F22).the linkage rod between the clutch pedal and clutch master cylinder can break when the clutch pedal is depressed; linkage rod failure under these conditions results in immediate engagement of the clutch and renders the clutch pedal ineffective thereafter.the 6,876 manual transmission vehicles included in the recall action were all manufactured between 11/3/2005 and 2/13/2006.DCC will replace the defective linkage with a component of a previous design level which has not experienced field failure.the timing of DCC's action has not been determined.accordingly, this preliminary evaluation is closed.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.