- January 13: Jeep Renegade Cooling Fan Lawsuit Dismissed news | 2 days ago
- December 14: Chrysler Headrest Lawsuit Certified as a Class Action news | 32 days ago
- December 13: Chrysler Lifetime Warranty Lawsuit Dismissal Requested news | 33 days ago
- November 21: Jeep Grand Cherokee EGR Cooler Recall For Fires recalls | 55 days ago
- November 18: Jeep Cherokees Recalled For Steering Issues recalls | 58 days ago
Jeep Preliminary Evaluation PE06015: CLUTCH LINKAGE FAILURE
2006 Jeep Wrangler
CLUTCH LINKAGE FAILURE
Power Train:Clutch Assembly
Power Train:Clutch Assembly:Pedal/Hand Lever(Motorcycle)
- On May 2, 2006 DaimlerChrysler corporation (DCC) submitted to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) a part 573 report advising that certain model year 2006 Jeep Wrangler vehicles would be voluntarily rec alled to replace a defective clutch linkage component.the recall action is identified by NHTSA no. 06V147 (DCC no. F22).the linkage rod between the clutch pedal and clutch master cylinder can break when the clutch pedal is depressed; linkage rod failure under these conditions results in immediate engagement of the clutch and renders the clutch pedal ineffective thereafter.the 6,876 manual transmission vehicles included in the recall action were all manufactured between 11/3/2005 and 2/13/2006.DCC will replace the defective linkage with a component of a previous design level which has not experienced field failure.the timing of DCC's action has not been determined.accordingly, this preliminary evaluation is closed.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.