2012 Kia Rio seat belts / air bags NHTSA complaints: Air Bags

NHTSA — Air Bags Problems

2012 Kia Rio seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Kia Rio:

2012 Kia Rio Owner Comments

Apr 142016

Rio

I was driving in the rain, going about 55-60 mph, when all of a sudden the car in front of me slammed on its brakes and attempted to make a left turn (like they almost missed the street and tried to compensate last minute) I slammed on the breaks but could not stop in time and hit the car in front of me. The seatbelt didn't catch, nor did the airbag deploy, and my head hit the steering wheel, chin first.

- Marianna, FL, USA

Nov 242014

Rio

The contact owns a 2012 Kia Rio. The contact stated that when starting the vehicle, the air bag warning light illuminated continuously. The failure occurred on several occasions. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the air bag sensor needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 39,000.

- Corona , CA, USA

Jan 162013

Rio

We ran into a telephone poll at about 25 miles an hour and the air bags did not deploy and seat belts did not look, passenger hit the windshield with head and driver hit his chest into the steering wheel and hurt chest.

- Campbell, CA, USA