ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

CarComplaints.com Notes: As long as catastrophic engine failure at under 60,000 miles is the top owner complaint, it'll be pretty hard to recommend the 2012 Sorento.

8.0

$1,970

1. replace rack and pump (1 reports)
2012 Kia Sorento steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Kia Sorento:

2012 Kia Sorento Owner Comments

Apr 242015

Sorento LX 4 cyl

Power steering rack should not fail at 77,000 miles. KIA customer service contacted with problem. Given a case number and assurance that they would contact me within 2 business days. 4 business days later they had not attempted to contact me. When I called them, they state they could not assist with the repair.

KIA does not stand by there product. For $30,000 I expect more then 3 years on the steering rack!!!!! KIA used to be a "disposable" car, but they are supposed to make a quality product now.

I do understand that it is beyond the 60,000 mile warranty, but really no one should have to spend $2,000 on steering in a 3 year old car with 77,000 miles. Goodbye KIA!!!!

- Roberrt M., Rochester, VT, USA