- March 22: Certain Automakers Slacking on Automatic Emergency Braking news | 2 days ago
- March 18: Theta II Engine Fires Investigated by State Attorneys General investigations | 6 days ago
- March 11: Hyundai GDI Engine Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 13 days ago
- March 3: Kia Sportages Recalled For Oil Pan Leaks recalls | 21 days ago
- February 28: Kia Sedona Recall Needed to Protect Child Passengers recalls | 24 days ago
Kia Recall SC172: High Pressure Fuel Pipe May Leak
2015 Kia Sorento
A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source can increase the risk of a fire.
Fuel System, Gasoline — Delivery — Hoses, Lines/Piping, And Fittings
- Kia Motors America (Kia) is recalling certain 2011-2017 Optima, 2012-2017 Sorento and 2011-2018 Sportage vehicles that previously received an engine replacement under recall number 17V-224, warranty, or the Knock Sensor Detection System (KSDS) Product Improvement Campaign. The high pressure fuel pipe that connects to the fuel pump outlet may have been damaged, misaligned or improperly torqued during the engine replacement procedure, possibly causing a fuel leak.
- Kia has notified owners, and dealers will inspect and replace the fuel pipe, as necessary, free of charge. The recall began January 17, 2019. Owners may contact Kia customer service at 1-800-333-4542. Kia's number for this recall is SC172.
Click a tab for more information.