2016 Kia Sorento engine problems: excessive oil consumption

Excessive Oil Consumption

2016 Kia Sorento

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Kia dealer.

8.0

2016 Kia Sorento engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Kia Sorento:

2016 Kia Sorento Owner Comments

Dec 012019

Sorento

Right about the time my warranty expired my car started consuming oil. No dummy light comes on to warn you of this. St first every 5000 miles I would only have around 2 quarts 6 months later at 3000 miles I am bone dry. I have to monitor my mileage, THIS IS REDICULOUS!

- Jodi P., Richmond, TX, US

Apr 062019

Sorento LX 2.4L

On April 6th I took my car in for a oil change and wanted to let them know that I believe there is a problem with my car. The oil light comes on around the time it is time for a oil change. I was talked into purchasing a new car and traded my car in, unbeknownst to be that after 2 weeks April18th they couldn't get be financed and returned my KIA Sorento back to me without fixing the problem.

I spoke to a service manager and they are doing a oil compression test and in the next 1000 miles I will bring it back and they will measure how much oil the car is consuming. It is still under warranty so I am hoping the dealership Brandon Courtesy KIA finds out what the issue is and is able to get it fixed under the warranty. I will update this once I get a resolution.

Brandon KIA actually tried to sell my car online before my car new car was funded. They were going to sell the car as is and whoever bought it, wouldn't know anything about the cars oil problem. I'm so upset with this situation.

- cpettway0428, Riverview, US