- July 2: Hyundai and Kia Theta II Engine Fires Under Investigation investigations | 13 days ago
- June 25: SUV Crash Test Ratings For 2018 Models news | 20 days ago
- June 19: Kia Optima Lawsuit Says Seat Left Man Partially Paralyzed news | 26 days ago
- June 12: Hyundai and Kia Engine Fires Should Be Investigated investigations | 33 days ago
- June 8: Kia Recalls 507,000 Fortes, Optimas and Sedonas recalls | 37 days ago
Kia Recall SC123: Front Passenger Seat Belt May Not Latch
2016 Kia Sorento
If the front passenger seat belt cannot be latched, an occupant sitting in the front passenger seat has an increased risk of injury in the event of a crash.
Seat Belts — Front — Buckle Assembly
- Kia Motors America (Kia) is recalling certain model year 2016 Kia Sorento vehicles manufactured October 23, 2014, to December 10, 2014. The affected vehicles have a front passenger seat belt whose buckle latch assembly may prevent the front passenger from fastening the seat belt.
- Kia will notify owners, and dealers will replace the front passenger seat belt buckle cover, free of charge. The recall began on August 18, 2015. Owners may contact Kia customer service at 1-800-333-4542. Kia's number for this recall is SC123.
- Documents (13)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - All Dealer Principals
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - All Kia Parts & Service Managers
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - SC 123 August 2015
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall 573 Report
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q3
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2016-2
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2016-4
Click a tab for more information.