- March 29: Hyundai and Kia Engine Lawsuit Involves GDI and MPI Engines news | 15 days ago
- March 20: Kia Recalls 2021 Telluride, K5 and Forte To Protect Kids recalls | 24 days ago
- March 9: Kia Cadenza and Sportage Owners Should Park Outside recalls | 35 days ago
- January 29: Hyundai and Kia Lawsuit Partly Dismissed news | 74 days ago
- January 23: Kia Sorento Exploding Sunroof Investigation Closed investigations | 80 days ago
Kia TSB #PS498
2017 Kia Sorento
Affected Component: EQUIPMENT:APPLIANCE:AIR CONDITIONER
- PITSTOP: ANTI-CONDENSATION LOGIC ? NORMAL OPERATION, DISABLING, AND ENABLING - Some Kia vehicles starting with 2016MY and all Kia vehicles, after and including 2017MY, incorporate an anti-condensation logic to prevent the interior windows from becoming excessively fogged. The HVAC control head in these vehicles monitors ambient temperature to determine which settings will best prevent the windows from fogging. If the system detects lower ambient temperature (about 60°F or below), the anti-condensation logic may automatically set the air intake mode to FRESH, depending on the other HVAC settings. The anti-condensation logic is also designed to ensure that air intake mode is set to FRESH, as long as all conditions are met. If the user changes the air intake to RECIRCULATION, the anti-condensation logic will take control again after 5 minutes, and change the air intake mode back to FRESH. If this results in an undesired operation, the logic may be enabled or disabled by following the procedure below.
Click a tab for more information.