9.0

2020 Kia Sorento drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2020 Kia Sorento:

2020 Kia Sorento Owner Comments

Aug 102020

Sorento

When car is cold it acts like it skips taking off on a hill. ( transmission shifts erratically) took car to dealer for service that said this is normal I think it will be a lot worst this winter when it gets real cold as the car hesitates when taking off and pulling out into traffic

- Henniker, NH, USA

Jun 012020

Sorento

Transmission stutters or hesitates when shifting, and it is especially bad until the car has been driven for at least 10 minutes. It is worst when shifting from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd. I have only owned the car for two months and it has acted this way from day one.

- Mesa, AZ, USA

Apr 112020

Sorento

The day after I purchase my new Kia I had started to work the motor was cold and when trying to shift gears it slipping when you first started out until motar has warmed up I took it back to the dealership and they stayed to just drive it until the first oil change and they would check on it then I feel that the car is going brack down when driving

- Concord, NC, USA

May 262020

Sorento

The transmission will act in a very erratic manner when the car is first driven after sitting cold for several hours. This problem appears when accelerating, and persists until the car has been driven a few miles.

- Anderson, SC, USA

Oct 252019

Sorento

I have a 2020 Kia Sorento V6. When the engine is cold or has been sitting for an hour or so, the transmission shifts erratically between 20 and 40 mph. When coming to a stop, at the same speed, the vehicle surges forward. I have taken the vehicle back to the dealership 3 times. They reprogramed the transmission module 2 times with no improvement. This problem happens in all 4 driving modes. I purchased this vehicle 10-22-2019 and the problem started about 3 or 4 days later and continues through today 2-23-2020.

- Gilbert, AZ, USA