- November 17: Ford Expeditions and Lincoln Navigators Recalled Due to Seat Issues recalls | 25 days ago
- November 17: Lincoln Nautilus Recall Ordered Over Airbag Modules recalls | 25 days ago
- November 16: Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan and Lincoln MKZ Recalled recalls | 26 days ago
- November 13: Ford 'Door Ajar' Light Class-Action Lawsuit Makes Headway news | 29 days ago
- November 5: Ford Recalls Fusion and Lincoln MKZ Vehicles recalls | 37 days ago
Lincoln Recall 99S26: Ford/Seat Belt Retractor
2000 Lincoln Continental
If the mechanism malfunctions and does not allow the webbing to be extracted, the lap and shoulder belt could not be worn by a vehicle occupant. In the event that the mechanism does not allow the ALR mode to be engaged, the operator may be unable to properly install a child seat in that seating position.
Seat Belts — Front — Anchorage
- Vehicle description: Passenger vehicles. The seat belt retractor may have a pin shaft in the switchable ELR/ALR mechanism that is incorrectly formed. In some circumstances, the switching mechanism could become nonfunctional, preventing the seat belt webbing from being extracted from the retractor. It is also possible that malfunction of the mechanism could prevent the belt from being switched into the ALR mode. The ELR mechanism is not affected by this condition.
- Dealers will inspect the lap and shoulder belt assemblies. Assemblies with Julian date codes of 200 through 223 are suspect and will be replaced.
- Documents (8)
Click a tab for more information.