2015 Lincoln MKC drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Lincoln MKC:

2015 Lincoln MKC Owner Comments

Apr 142017

MKC

On April 14, 2017, at 9:10 P.M., on my way home, I pulled up to our townhome mail box center, put my car in park, unhooked my seat belt and got out of the car in order to get my mail. I left my car door open as I was only going to get the mail and get back in, as I have done thousands of times. Right after I got out of the car, I realized the car was rolling back. Instinct had me running after the car trying to hold on to the door in an attempt to get back into the car and put my foot on the brake. I got around the door but could not hold on. The door knocked me backwards onto the street and the car passenger front tire ran over my left foot and my right thigh. I had a severe laceration on the back of my head that required 2 staples. I also had a broken left toe and a severely bruised foot and ankle. My right thigh swelled to at least double its size with bad contusions. Knee became very swollen, especially in the back also with bad contusions. Residual effects are still in existence with pain in my leg and continued swelling. Thankfully, the car veered to the left as it rolled down the street and hit into a rock wall in the complex. Therefore no one else was injured and no parked cars were hit. I took the car to the dealership where I leased it on May 3, 2018 as I was too injured previous to that time to go out. The service manager wrote up the information about the accident and said he would be submitting it to the Ford Motor Company. They held the car until June 7, 2017 when I was told that Ford was denying my claim of fault with the car. Since it was leased, I had no recourse except to have the car fixed and continue to drive it. I was scared every day I drove that car until I got rid of it for another type car.

- Wayne, NJ, USA

Apr 022018

MKC

I am the owner of a 2015 Lincoln Mkc with 50,406 miles with a bad transmission. The car would 'jerk' as it automatically shift into gear when driving on a highway or on a local road. This is a serious problem for any driver.having a 2015 model car with 50,406 miles having a transmission rebuilt, the safety of this car need to be investigated.

- Waldorf, MD, USA

Feb 272017

MKC

I drove to the end of my driveway which is approximately 1000 feet. I came to a complete stop, got out of the vehicle with the expectation that it went into park because this is a safety feature of this vehicle that I have used many times without issue and it is listed as such in my owner's manual. I stood there beside the vehicle to allow two cars to pass on the highway before walking across the highway to check my mail. I collected my mail and turned around to cross the highway to return to my vehicle and I saw the vehicle coming across the road towards me. I jumped out of the way of the vehicle just in time before it struck my mailbox. As a result the front grill is damaged. I feel fortunate that I turned around in time to get out of the way because I could have been hurt or killed if the vehicle had struck me.

- Hartwell, GA, USA