- April 22: Ford Fusion and Mercury Milan Soft Brake Pedals Investigated investigations | 1 days ago
- March 18: Ford Door Ajar Sensor Lawsuit Says Warning Lights Stay On news | 36 days ago
- March 14: Ford Recalls 1.4 Million Cars For Steering Wheels That May Fall Off recalls | 40 days ago
- February 14: Brake Fluid Leaks Cause Ford Escape and Lincoln MKC Recall recalls | 68 days ago
- February 1: Exploding Sunroof in Ford Escape Causes Lawsuit news | 81 days ago
Lincoln Recall 17S17: Seat And Seat Belt Mounting Bolts May Fracture
2015 Lincoln MKC
The improperly manufactured bolts may fracture. If a seat, seatback, or seatbelt anchor attaching bolt fractures, the affected component may not be properly secured, increasing the risk of injury in the event of a crash.
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2014 Ford F-150 and E-350, 2014-2015 Ford Escape, and 2015 Lincoln MKC vehicles. Improperly manufactured bolts may have been used to install certain seats, seatbacks, seatbelt buckles, or seatbelt anchors on these vehicles.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the affected bolts, free of charge. Interim notices informing owners of the safety risk were mailed September 8, 2017. Owners will receive a second notice when remedy parts become available in the fourth quarter of 2017. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 17S17.
- Documents (7)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - July 25, 2017 SUBJECT: Advance Notice - Safety Recall 17S17
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)/TSB - October 10, 2017
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
Click a tab for more information.