6.0

$730

2. resolved. hood repainted at dealer's body shop @ min. cost (1 reports)
2013 Lincoln MKZ body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Lincoln MKZ:

2013 Lincoln MKZ Owner Comments

Jan 112017

MKZ 2.0L Ecoboost

Ford/Lincoln knows this is a problem and is doing everything it can to ignore it. Bad customer service

- Lance N., Tallahassee, US

Oct 102016

MKZ 3.7L V6

Paint was only covered IF perforation occurred. Aluminum hood means no perforation. Buyer beware.

- Ben R., Newbury, ON, Canada

May 272017

MKZ

I took this to the dealership body shop and the manager checked with Ford and says it is out of warranty so they won't fix it for free. I am going to present him tomorrow with a TSB 16-0028 that I found on somebody's facebook page. That person actually sued the dealership in small claims court and won. Let's see where this goes. I sat in the dealer's showroom two years ago, in March 2015, and wrote out a check for this gently used vehicle! I keep it in a garage and baby it. Now this!!!!! :(

Update from Jun 18, 2017: My update is a positive one. I asked the bodyshop manager for the number for Ford's regional manager. He said he had a number for me to call but couldn't name a manager, to just follow the prompts. He also said he was not allowed to coach me but advised me not to refer to "Ford" but to refer to myself as a Lincoln owner. He also told me that my warranty had expired 42 days before and mentioned that if there were a hole in the hood of my vehicle I would qualify for a penetration or puncture warranty. He also gave me the repair order #. I calmly explained my problem and the man from "Lincoln" said he would get back to me. He then phoned me the next day and said that they would pay $450 toward the $816 repair. He also said that he would talk to the dealership about contributing to the repair cost - which they did; of the $816 I paid $200. While I initially told myself I would sue them in small claims court if this was not a free repair, I was ultimately happy with the outcome.

- Linda R., Niles, OH, US