Lincoln Recall : Steering Shaft May Separate
1999 Lincoln Town Car
If the shafts separate during vehicle operation, a loss of steering control would result, increasing the risk of a vehicle crash.
- Dorman Products, Inc. (Dorman) is recalling certain model Dorman Steering Shafts, part number 425-359, Solutions Steering Shafts, part number 7-0359, and OE Solutions Steering Shafts, part number 425-359, manufactured April 17, 2014, to September 28, 2015. These aftermarket replacement steering shafts are sold for use in 1995-2002 Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Grand Marquis, and Lincoln Town Car vehicles. These steering shafts may separate during operation if the integral fastener is loose or missing and if the interfacing vehicle shaft is compressed in length.
- Dorman will notify owners, and dealers will replace the steering shaft, free of charge. The recall began on October 28, 2015. Owners may contact Dorman customer service at 1-800-523-2492, option 5.
- Documents (10)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall 573 Report - Amendment 1
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2016-2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2016-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-1
Click a tab for more information.