- March 18: Ford Door Ajar Sensor Lawsuit Says Warning Lights Stay On news | 35 days ago
- March 14: Ford Recalls 1.4 Million Cars For Steering Wheels That May Fall Off recalls | 39 days ago
- February 14: Brake Fluid Leaks Cause Ford Escape and Lincoln MKC Recall recalls | 66 days ago
- February 1: Exploding Sunroof in Ford Escape Causes Lawsuit news | 79 days ago
- January 27: Ford Recalls 2018 Expedition and Lincoln Navigator SUVs recalls | 84 days ago
Lincoln Recall 01S24: Ford/Windshield Wiper Motor Cover
2001 Lincoln Town Car
Loss of visibility while driving increases the risk of a crash.
Visibility — Windshield Wiper/Washer — Motor
- Vehicle description: Passenger cars, sport utility vehicles, and light and medium duty pickup trucks. A switch located in the plastic cover of the wiper motor gear case could malfunction and overheat, potentially resulting in loss of intermittent wiper function, loss of wiper park function, complete loss of wiper function, or ignition of the plastic cover material. Switch malfunction is most likely to occur when the intermittent setting of the wipers is being used, or when snow or ice obstructs the blades from returning to the "parked" position at the bottom of the windshield. These vehicles were built at the following assembly plants: Atlanta plant from 2/11/00 through 7/31/00; Chicago plant from 2/14/00 through 8/4/00; Kansas City plant from 2/26/00 to 9/4/00; Kentucky truck plant from 2/18/00 to 8/31/00; Michigan truck plant from 2/23/00 through 8/3/00; Norfolk plant from 2/21/00 through 7/27/00; wayne stamping and assembly plant from 2/25/00 through 8/15/00; and Wixom plant from 2/15/00 through 8/8/00.
- Dealers will inspect the date code on the wiper motor. Motors built with the suspect time frame will have the wiper motor gear case cover replaced. Owner notification began August 20, 2001. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Ford at 1-866-436-7332.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.