- April 18: Mitsubishi Recalls Lancers to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 4 days ago
- February 22: Mitsubishi Outlander Sports Recalled For Wiper Problems recalls | 59 days ago
- February 2: Mitsubishi Recalls Outlanders and Lancers After Sunroofs Fly Off recalls | 79 days ago
- February 2: Mitsubishi Recalls Outlanders For Parking Brake Problems recalls | 79 days ago
- February 1: Mitsubishi Recalls Lancers and Outlanders With Drive Belt Problems recalls | 80 days ago
Mitsubishi Recall : Mitsubishi America/Power Steering Tube
2000 Mitsubishi Galant
Leaking power steering fluid can result in a fire and continued loss of fluid will result in a loss of power assist, increasing the risk of a crash.
Steering — Hydraulic Power Assist — Hose, Piping, And Connections
- Vehicle description: Passenger vehicles built with V6 engines to federal emission standards. The power steering fluid feed tube can come in contact with an exhaust manifold mounted heat shield causing a hole to be worn through the power steering pipe allowing fluid leakage.
- Dealers will replace the power steering tube with one having a new routing. Owner notification began November 26, 2001. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Mitsubishi America at 1-800-222-0037.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.