- September 29: Mitsubishi Recalls Outlanders and Eclipse Cross SUVs recalls | 47 days ago
- September 25: Mitsubishi Recalls Outlanders With Wrong Wheel Rim Info recalls | 51 days ago
- September 22: Mitsubishi Recalls Outlander, Outlander PHEV, Outlander Sport and Eclipse Cross recalls | 54 days ago
- August 21: Mazda Says It Didn't Falsify Fuel Economy and Emissions Inspections news | 86 days ago
Mitsubishi Recall : Mitsubishi America/Power Steering Tube
2000 Mitsubishi Galant
Leaking power steering fluid can result in a fire and continued loss of fluid will result in a loss of power assist, increasing the risk of a crash.
Steering — Hydraulic Power Assist — Hose, Piping, And Connections
- Vehicle description: Passenger vehicles built with V6 engines to federal emission standards. The power steering fluid feed tube can come in contact with an exhaust manifold mounted heat shield causing a hole to be worn through the power steering pipe allowing fluid leakage.
- Dealers will replace the power steering tube with one having a new routing. Owner notification began November 26, 2001. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Mitsubishi America at 1-800-222-0037.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.