- December 7: 2013 Nissan Altima Rear Lower Control Arm Failures Investigated investigations | 2 days ago
- December 2: Nissan Automatic Emergency Braking Lawsuit Filed Over Sensors news | 7 days ago
- December 2: Goodyear All-Terrain Tire Lawsuit Nets Plaintiff Millions news | 7 days ago
- December 2: Consumers Confused by Partially Automated Driving Features news | 7 days ago
- October 29: Nissan Altima Transmission Problems Heard in Court news | 41 days ago
Nissan Recall : Brakes:Warning System
1995 Nissan 240SX
Consequence of non-compliance: There would be no indication to the driver of the vehicle that brake fluid was low. Low brake fluid can be caused by a leak in the system which may result in partial or complete loss of brakes and an accident.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Switches — Brake Warning
- The instrument panel brake warning light will not illuminate when the brake fluid level in the master cylinder drops sufficiently to activate the low level switch due to an improperly wired diode, required by FMVSS no. 105, "hydraulic brake systems."
- Dealers will correct the electrical circuit for the brake warning system so that the warning lamp will illuminate when the low level switch is activated.
Click a tab for more information.