- January 26: Nissan Rogues Recalled Following 'Thermal Events' recalls | 1 days ago
- January 23: Nissan Xterra Crash: Plaintiff Awarded $36 Million news | 4 days ago
- January 9: Nissan Transmission Lawsuit Filed Over CVTs news | 18 days ago
- December 25: Nissan Recalls 2022 Frontier Trucks For Seat Belt Issues recalls | 33 days ago
- December 24: Nissan Rogue Fuel Pump Recall Issued After Engines Stalled recalls | 34 days ago
Nissan Engineering Analysis EA07005: WHEEL SEPARATION DUE TO SPOKE FRACTURE
2006 Nissan 350Z
WHEEL SEPARATION DUE TO SPOKE FRACTURE
- All of the wheel separation incidents identified in EA07-005 have involved wheels subjected to aftermarket chroming in California.metallurgical analysis of aftermarket chromed wheels obtained from incident vehicles showed significant changes in material properties that can increase the chance of structural failure.Nissan has issued several communications to dealers, both before and after ODI's investigation began with PE06-050, warning against the practice of chroming wheels.Nissan has advised ODI that it will be sending another communication this year that repeats the warnings against aftermarket chroming. No defect has been identified in the original equipment Nissan wheels.there have been no wheel separation incidents involving those wheels and they passed the sae radial fatigue, cornering and side impact tests conducted by VRTC.while there have been a few complaints, warranty claims and survey responses indicating cracks in original equipment wheels, they are few in number, often exhibit evidence of impact damage and may sometimes involve cracks in different locations of the wheel.at this time, in view of the limited incidence of the cracks and the fact that the cracks do not appear to have progressed, further use of Agency resources on this investigation does not appear to be warranted.the Agency will continue to monitor complaints and other information pertaining to the wheels on the subject vehicles and will take further action if warranted.see document file for more information about this closing resume.
- Documents (7)
Click a tab for more information.