- October 13: Nissan Recalls Hybrid Vehicles That May Stall recalls | 13 days ago
- October 7: Nissan CVT Lawsuit Settlement Reached news | 19 days ago
- October 6: Nissan Melting Dashboard Lawsuit Allegedly Not Adequate news | 20 days ago
- October 1: 2022 Nissan Pathfinders Recalled Twice recalls | 25 days ago
- September 17: Recall: 2022 Nissan Pathfinder Hoods May Fly Open recalls | 39 days ago
2005 Nissan Frontier
CarComplaints.com Notes: In a very limited selection on small pickup trucks, the Frontier is one of the best options except -- and I cannot emphasize this enough -- for one problem that makes it an avoid-at-all-costs pain in you know what: the radiator ruptures and leaks coolant into the transmission, killing it. Such a buzzkill.
This problem affects most 2005-2008 (and maybe beyond) Frontiers.
2005 Nissan Frontier Transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Radiator Causes Transmission Failure189
- Transmission Not Working Properly8
- Transmission Slips Due To Water In Transmission5
- Broken Plastic Piece Disconnected Shifter1
- Vibration On Acceleration1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission19
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Control Module (Tcm, ...1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Frontier Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Frontier compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Frontier overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Frontier.