- November 21: Nissan Titan 5.0 Cummins Engine Reliability Questioned investigations | 9 days ago
- November 11: Nissan Peeling Paint Class Action Lawsuit news | 19 days ago
- November 7: Feds Warn: Aftermarket Steering Wheel Decal Blinds Driver news | 23 days ago
- November 4: Nissan Z Cars Recalled Over Hood Issues recalls | 26 days ago
- October 8: Nissan Ariya Recall Involves Nearly 11,000 SUVs recalls | 53 days ago
Radiator Causes Transmission Failure
2005 Nissan Frontier (Page 1 of 10)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: In a very limited selection on small pickup trucks, the Frontier is one of the best options except -- and I cannot emphasize this enough -- for one problem that makes it an avoid-at-all-costs pain in you know what: the radiator ruptures and leaks coolant into the transmission, killing it. Such a buzzkill.
This problem affects most 2005-2008 (and maybe beyond) Frontiers.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 104,000 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 189 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace radiator and transmission (122 reports)
- not sure (22 reports)
- replace radiator and transmission due to oil contaminati (14 reports)
- replace transmission (7 reports)
- fix it and compensate owners for full expense (5 reports)
- extended warranty announced by Nissan on 10/15/10 (4 reports)