- April 16: 2009 Nissan Murano ABS Actuator Will Be Replaced news | 3 days ago
- March 21: Nissan Recalls 370Z Cars to Fix Curtain Airbags recalls | 29 days ago
- March 17: Nissan Recalls JUKEs For Second Time For Same Problems recalls | 33 days ago
- March 9: Nissan Wants Continuously Variable Transmission Lawsuit Dismissed news | 41 days ago
- March 8: Nissan Sentra Automatic Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 42 days ago
Nissan Recall : Front Member Missing Welds/FMVSS 208, 305
2014 Nissan Leaf
Missing welds may effect the vehicle's integrity in the event of a crash, increasing the risk of injury to the vehicle's occupants.
- Nissan North America, Inc. (Nissan) is recalling certain model year 2014 LEAF vehicles manufactured February 28, 2014, through March 12, 2014. The front structural member assembly may be missing welds, which could reduce the structural integrity of the vehicle if the vehicle is involved in a crash. As such, these vehicles fail to meet the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 208, "Occupant Crash Protection, " and 305, "Electric-Powered Vehicles: Electrolyte Spillage and Electrical Shock Protection."
- Nissan will notify owners, and dealers will inspect to see if any of the welds are missing. Any vehicle missing welds will be replaced, free of charge. The recall began on June 2, 2014. Owners may contact Nissan at 1-800-647-7261.
- Documents (9)
Click a tab for more information.