- November 1: Nissan AEB Malfunction Lawsuit to Continue news | 26 days ago
- October 18: Nissan Class Action Lawsuit Filed Over Warranties news | 40 days ago
- October 6: Nissan Recalls Altima, LEAF and Maxima Vehicles recalls | 52 days ago
- September 25: Nissan Titan Recall Ordered Over LED Headlights recalls | 63 days ago
- September 4: Nissan Sentra LED Headlight Recall For 6,000 Cars recalls | 84 days ago
Nissan Recall : Brake Light Switch Malfunction
2014 Nissan Pathfinder
If the brake override is activated, the driver will not be accelerate normally, increasing the risk of a crash. If the brake lights remain illuminated, other drivers may fail to stop when the vehicle actually brakes, increasing the risk of a crash. If the driver inadvertently shift the vehicle out of the "PARK" position without depressing the brake, the vehicle may rollaway, increasing the risk of injury.
Exterior Lighting — Brake Lights — Switch
- Nissan North America, Inc. (Nissan) is recalling certain model year 2013-2014 Pathfinder vehicles manufactured June 20, 2012, to June 13, 2013. The brake light switch may have been installed incorrectly causing the relay to make intermittent contact and repeatedly cycle. This may result in the relay remaining in the "ON" position, causing the brake lights to remain illuminated even when the brakes are not applied. Additionally, the brake light switch may interfere with the brake-shift interlock, allowing the driver to shift the vehicle out of the "Park" position, without depressing the brake pedal.
- Nissan will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the brake light switch and, as necessary, replace the relay, free of charge. The recall began on July 25, 2016. Owners may contact Nissan customer service at 1-800-647-7261.
- Documents (15)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - NISSAN BULLETIN Stop Lamp Switch Voluntary Safety Recall Campaign Reference: PC464 Date: June 22, 2016
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Reference: NTB16-062 Date: June 21, 2016
- Defect 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)/TSB - NISSAN BULLETIN Stop Lamp Switch Voluntary Safety Recall Campaign Reference: PC464 Date: June 1, 2016
- Recall Acknowledgement
- 573 Report
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- 573 Report
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2016-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.