2015 Nissan Rogue AC / heater problems: A/C/heater not working properly

A/C/Heater Not Working Properly

2015 Nissan Rogue (Page 1 of 2)

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.

7.0

$1,600

2. replace evap sensor (1 reports)
2015 Nissan Rogue AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Nissan Rogue:

2015 Nissan Rogue Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Feb 192019

Rogue S 4

• CVT transmission

Out of the blue, our 2015 Rogue heat stopped working this morning, fan blowing cold air, heat turned up to max.. Just out of warranty by 2 months and 4000 miles. I searched for a couple hours this morning and again for a hour before wife came home after work freezing in car. Talk about getting a headache. It was about 12 degrees this morning in CT and wife drove to work with no heat, did usual 5+ minute warm up

I found a few parts that it could be and was going to check those connections, $20 sensors and see if I could locate the fault. One person on a forum/blog mentioned what they said was a ridiculous fix but it worked for them. They turned the a/c on max and dial all the way to coldest setting, ran a/c for a couple minutes on high, turned a/c off, both button lights off, and turned heat knob to high, and Wa-lah it worked. Thank-you for your easy fix

I just did the same thing and wa-lah it worked, and dealers are charging $500-1600 and sometimes doesn't correct problem, something so simple, I'm thinking we had to fool the computer or freeze out the sensor and it some how rest the heat to work, actually feels a lot hotter than it ever did before. The other person said they have had to do this once in a while to get heat to work properly, they also have a Nissan titan with no issues, lol the wife said her husband laughs when she has to do this trick to make the car have heat..

My wife loves the car, It's the only problem we have had since buying new Jan 2016 with 14 miles on it Hope this helps let me know and thanks to who posted this somewhere that I read in my 3 hours of searching for a cure.

- Craig C., Ellington, US

Dec 082018

• CVT transmission

So, today is December 10, 2018, and I just bought a used 2015 Nissan Rogue from the Ken Garff dealership in downtown Salt Lake City on November 30, 2018. It gets cold in Salt Lake City, already had a few inches of snow collect on the ground, and so having a working heater in your vehicle is important. The heater in this thing doesn't work. I don't get it; a vehicle, just by running, gets hot. Winter, Summer, rain or snow, your engine and the compartment it sits in gets hot after running, so heating the air that feeds the cabin of the vehicle should take less work than cooling the air to run A/C, yet my Rogue does not produce warm air. I have driven short trips, and thought maybe it was not enough time to warm the vehicle up, but on Saturday, December 8, 2018, I drove from Murray to Daybreak (about a 30-minute drive) with the air never getting hot, let alone warm.

How does a three year old vehicle, with less than 50,000 miles on it, not have a working heater? I am baffled. I will be taking it to a Nissan dealership, as I hope it is still under factory warranty, though it appears from some of the complaints I have read here that it is not. I do not even have a car tag on the vehicle yet, as I have only had it for a week and a few days, and now I will be taking it into the shop for repair. How ridiculous.

I have never liked Nissan vehicles, and as a former Parts Department Manager at an independent service center, and a former Service Adviser at a dealership, I knew that Nissans came with a lot of cosmetic issues and mechanical flaws, but I allowed myself to be duped into thinking this would be a good vehicle. With a heater that's not working after only 41K miles and just three years...I'm certain I have purchased a massive P.O.S. and will never buy a Nissan product again.

- Zach M., Salt Lake City, US

Aug 232018

Rogue SL Regular

• CVT transmission

Searched Forums for days and finally found one saying replace Ambient Air Temp sensor located in front of radiator behind grill, did that OEM 27710-31U00 but did not help. Then found one post with pictures of Evap Sensor and it's behind the panel at the drivers accelerator pedal and it took literally 1 minute to expose the Evap Sensor and one quick counter clockwise twist and it was out.

Then took longer to carefully pry the catch for the electrical connection off, then replace with new one. It's in such a confined space, I had to use a screwdriver to twist it clockwise to make it catch. AND VOILA. Put plastic piece back on and the whole process would take 2 minutes if I had done it before. The AC is blowing cold air perfectly so far and its been two days and a couple of hours of driving with the AC on.

Many complaints about lots of various years of Nissan vehicles not just Rogues and the dealers are replacing Compressors entire AC Heat Boxes Ambient Air Sensors and in this case the one part the EVAP Sensor was all it took. Hope people find this solution as I didn't bookmark the one that I found with pictures of the part and where it goes and i looked for quite a while yesterday before making this post. Good LUCK!

- Randy S., Wilmngton, US

Apr 202018

Rogue SV V4

Bought 2015 Nissan Rogue from dealer abut 3 years old. Was a lease previously with one owner and had logged all services and check ups. On the drive from dealer noticed the AC was just blowing lukewarm air. Didn't think too much of it as it was bought directly from dealer and only 3 years old. When driving the next day it was the same problem AC was not working and I tried all options of turning on/off, turning to hot to cold, etc etc.

Went online and saw this was a common problem for this car and year. Called dealer and they said they would look at but didn't guarantee fix or any help with the cost. Next few days before bringing in the heat and AC would go on and off without any rhyme or reason... some days the AC would work and heat wouldn't and vice versa. Dealer was not able to fix and charged $500 for just looking at.

Brought back in and now they want to charge $1400 and can only guarantee the part they put in (heating unit). I have to bring it back in to get worked on next week but VERY unhappy with treatment at dealership and Nissan not acknowledging problem. This is obviously a recall issue that they are not helping with. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

- Vedran U., Minneapolis, US

Nov 012017

Rogue

My 2 and 1/2 year old 2015 Nissan Rogue only blows out hot air on the passenger side of my car. Brought the car in twice to fix the problem and it still has not been fixed. I was charged $500 the first time and now it will be about $1,600. I have been without a car for over a week between the two visits and nothing is covered under the warranty. Very upset with how Nissan has handled this situation and I will never buy another one!

- Michael G., Center Moriches, NY, US

Dec 142017

Rogue S 2.5L

• CVT transmission

Heat stopped working. We have temperature in top 10F and not fun at all. Called the Jeffrey Nissan dealer in Roseville, MI where we purchased this junk, and they told us its not covered under the warranty. They say its probably electronic issues and it will cost a lots of money to get it fixed.

- Daniel P., Sterling Heights, MI, US

Dec 062016

Rogue

We have left the car in the Pepe Abad Nissan Service Shop at Cayey, PR for the third time and they have been unable to fix it. Each time they supposedly "fix" it, but upon driving 15 miles back home the a/c has always stopped functioning. This is frustrating, it has cost us time and taxi money.

- Nydia G., Guayama, Puerto Rico

Dec 142016

• CVT transmission

The dealer is saying they have not been able to diagnose the problem.

- Agatha P., Kingston, Jamaica

Dec 272016

Rogue SV

Car was barely 15 months old, 13,000 miles and the heater stopped getting warm. Could let my car run for over an hour and it still wouldn't be warm, what so ever.

- Kristina V., Bennington, VT, USA

Dec 192016

Rogue 4

I pulled out of my garage, windows were clear (Outside air temp was below 10 degrees). By the time I drove 5 blocks the heater and defrost system could not keep up with current conditions. Because I was dropping off a child at school and I could not see out the windows with children crossing in front of cars, l had to pull over to clear the inside windows of ice build- up. When I pulled the car over I noticed no other car or suv had this problem. Last year when the vehicle was new I had a problem with the heat..after bringing my rogue into the dealer a couple times they found that the after market radio Nissan installed was keeping the outside damper open. At first they said I was not using the controls on the heater the right way. But I told them I'm an Hvac tech and pulled out a temperature laser gun. They (Nissan) said leave the vehicle.

- Bob E., Orland Park, USA

Jun 012016

• CVT transmission

My AC is constantly on and will not turn off. The temperature is either very cold or boiling hot and nothing in the middle. The car has been to two dealers and they problem is still not fixed and has to go in again on Monday.

My car also had the rear seal around the hatch leak because it wasn't sealed properly and now I also have a moisture problem with my car. It has been in the shop for 38 days and counting now.

Since I live in NJ I was able to hire a lawyer at no charge and we are now asking for a full refund. My lawyer filed the paper work with Nissan in October and they already gave me a low ball ridiculous offer.

Update from May 7, 2018: In New Jersey you are able to hire a Lemon Law Lawyer at no cost to you. After sending in my service records in to my lawyer he accepted my case. It took over two years to get an arbitration date and I was awarded $7,000 and had to keep the car that has no heat in the winter.

Both my lawyer and I thought we should reject the arbitrators ruling and ask for a hearing. Two months later Nissan settled with me and bought back the car at my purchase price less a mileage allowance. Just gave back the car last week and can not be any happier how lawyer handled this.

- jack baker, Nutley, NJ, USA

Aug 082016

Rogue S

defroster to vent- kicks air conditioner to stay on

several times we have used defroster to clear windows and then just put on vent to bring in outside air but the air conditioner runs bringing in cold air we freeze. in winter I had used defroster and then turned on heat but got no heat just cold air just what I wanted in the winter. took to dealer on the heat problem they said they made adjustments. on the vent cold air we took to dealer again we have been told that to use vent after using defroster hit vent button we then turn the air on then off and this will disengage the air conditioner. I said well that is stupid. my husband was still not happy to he called our salesman who we have bought 5 nissans off of in the last 4 years he got in a Nissan rogue like ours my husband walked him thru the steps and sure enough that is how that one works also. never have a car work like that, we were also told by service that sometimes you have to turn veh off and start to clear it up. sounds good going down a highway oh wait I need to turn air cond off pull over to side of road and turn car off. I like my rogue very much but I think this is a major flaw. my husband has a 2016 Nissan frontier and it does not work like that. so we just have to remember the combination to use just vent air.

- Pam S., Punxsutawney, PA, USA

Jan 012016

Rogue SV

Heater will only blow cool air after more than one hour of driving. Have to turn temp to 90 degrees to get hot air. I have automatic heater control which should keep car a constant temp. Wife has to have blanket unless we turn temp up to 90. Dealer states they cannot duplicate problem and all sensors are working normal. Reported to Nissan Customer Service. They could not help me.

- Fred C., Hot Springs Village, AR, USA

Sep 012015

• CVT transmission

Since new---heater very erratic, hot on driver cold on passenger---impossible to control. Back to Nissan dealer twice but they don't seem to have a fix. I gather this is a common problem with Rogue that Nissan needs to fix or it will cost in future sales.

Update from May 18, 2016: Still no action from Nissan on fix for heater problems

- bclark37, Fisherville, ON, Canada

Feb 102016

Rogue SV 4 cyl

My driver side heater vents sporadically will not provide heat. Also when it does provide heat, sometimes when I adjust the temp to 60 degrees and then back up to 90 degrees, there is no hot air. The passenger side works fine ... and always heats and the temp can be adjusted. This happens in all sorts of outside temp ranges. When ever I took it in to get it fixed, they could not recreate the faulty heating so the repair tech guy said he manually set the programming to "fix" it. That lasted for about 6 months and is now not heating properly.

- mmisk, Fairfax, VA, USA

Feb 032016

Rogue SV 2.5L V4

• CVT transmission

Heater is inconsistent. Sometimes heat runs fine. Other times, heat vents on the passenger side blow cold air while driver's side vents blow hot. I have had the vehicle in for service four times. Nissan says it is "normal" and the sensors are "being fooled" when I have the heat set to anything below 87 and have both floor and dash vents on. Nonsense answer. Nissan regional consumer affairs has been notified. Dealer service department remains baffled and repeats the Nissan party line. My passenger, often my wife, is cold when driving at night with me (this is New York in the winter).

- James V., Palenville, NY, USA

Jan 012015

Rogue S FWD 2.4L

Heater has been inadequate since new, Jan-2015. The heater basically doesn't work unless the temp dial is maxed to heat. One notch less than max and it's cool air.

I reported it to the dealership in the spring of 2015 and they said they tested the temperature and it was fine. By then the cold season was over so I didn't bother pursing it. It's winter again and it's the same thing -- heater isn't hot (not even warm) till temperature dial is turned all the way. I constantly adjust the temperature dial from max to lower to max to keep the heat comfortable.

I will take it to dealership again when I have time.

It's really annoying and uncomfortable in cold water.

- kenhoster, Toronto, ON, Canada

Feb 012016

Rogue SL 2.4L

• CVT transmission

HEATER IS INCONSISTENT. AFTER OIL CHANGE TODAY NO HEAT THIS IS A SERIOUS SAFETY PROBLEM IN CANADIAN WEATHER AS WE NEED THE DEFROSTER TO SEE

NISSAN SEEMS TO BE IN DENIAL RATHER THAN ENGINEERING A SOLUTION FOR A POOR DESIGN

- sprentice, Halton Hills, ON, Canada

Oct 282015

Rogue SV

My vents are blowing air of extremely varying temperatures. The center vents are blowing hot air but my side vents are blowing cold air.

Nissan has inspected my vehicle and told me it is normal, my car is self regulating. I mentioned that I do not have it on automatic, therefore it should not be self regulating and I was told it still does when it comes to the temperature. The problem is pretty drastic, the difference between the middle vent and the side vent has been measured as high as 12 degrees. If I knew that I would not be able to control my heat, I never would've bought the vehicle.

- Allison B., Foxboro, MA, USA

Oct 282015

Rogue SV 2.4L

• CVT transmission

Bought my 2105 Rogue SV in November last year. Since then we have been experiencing the heater issue through two winters. When engine is cold, the heater seems working fine, but once engine gets warm the air out of the passage side vents and the side vent at driver side becomes cool. No temperature changes by adjusting the temperature control buttons anywhere below 89F. If the control is set at 90F, all four vents blow out hot air.

Sent the car to two local Nissan dealers. The first dealer couldn't fix the issue and they claimed they had compared a number of other brand new 2015 Rogues and all of them performed same. The second dealer first changed the control module and the problem did go away for 4-5 days. However the fix didn't last long. When we visited them again, they told us the system works inside the specifications.

Also called Nissan national service center. No much help!

- Jie H., Aurora, IL, US