- July 15: Nissan Recalls 105,000 Versas For Deadly Takata Airbags recalls | 1 days ago
- July 3: Nissan XTRONIC CVT Lawsuit Includes Jukes and Versas news | 13 days ago
- June 25: SUV Crash Test Ratings For 2018 Models news | 21 days ago
- May 21: JATCO CVT8HT Reliability Questioned in Nissan Lawsuit news | 56 days ago
- April 29: Nissan Timing Chain Class-Action Lawsuit Survives Dismissal Bid news | 78 days ago
Nissan Recall : Front Coil Springs May Corrode
2012 Nissan Versa
If a front coil spring fractures, it may contact the tire, possibly puncturing it, increasing the risk of a crash.
Suspension — Front — Springs — Coil Springs
- Nissan North America, Inc. (Nissan) is recalling certain 2012 Versa Hatchback vehicles that were sold or ever registered in the District of Columbia, Connecticut, Delaware, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia and Wisconsin. Road salt may corrode the front coil springs, possibly resulting in the coil springs fracturing.
- Nissan will notify owners, and dealers will replace both front coil springs, free of charge. The recall began December 6, 2017. Owners may contact Nissan customer service at 1-800-647-7261. This campaign expands recall 15V573.
- Documents (6)
- Defect Information Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - NISSAN CAMPAIGN BULLETIN Front Coil Spring Voluntary Safety Recall Campaign Reference: PM565, PM701 Date: October 13, 2017
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Nissan Reference: NTB15-078a Date: October 12, 2017
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.