- May 5: Nissan Rogues Recalled For Rear Brake Calipers recalls | 2 days ago
- April 4: Nissan Transmission Lawsuit Names Pathfinder and Rogue news | 33 days ago
- March 27: Nissan Rogue Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 41 days ago
- March 25: Nissan Recalls 2021 Rogue For Wrong Wheel Nuts recalls | 43 days ago
- March 20: Nissan Altima Hood Latch Recall Fix Failed: Lawsuit news | 48 days ago
2017 Nissan Versa
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012-2017 Nissan Versa has an expensive CVT transmission failure defect that shows up plainly in our complaint data from the earlier model years in this 2nd generation Nissan Versa.
In late 2019, the CVT defect was subject to a class action settlement. However the settlement only covers transmission repairs up to 7 years after purchase or 84,000 miles (whichever occurs first).
Because many owners commonly drive 20,000 miles/year or more, Versa owners experiencing CVT transmission problems may find they are not covered by this settlement due to the mileage limitation.
Worst 2017 Nissan Versa Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems2
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 19
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 7
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 6
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 5
- engine problemsNHTSA: 5
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 4
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 3
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 3
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 2
- steering problemsNHTSA: 2
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 1
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 1
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Versa Model Years
Curious how the 2017 Versa compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Versa overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Versa.