- August 20: Nissan Altima and Maxima Floorboard Rust Lawsuit Partly Dismissed news | 5 days ago
- August 20: Nissan LEAF Occupancy Sensor Causes Defect Petition investigations | 5 days ago
- August 17: Nissan Pays $1.5 Million in Ashlynn Nicole Overton Crash news | 8 days ago
- August 13: Nissan Clutch Class Action Lawsuit Alive on Appeal news | 12 days ago
- August 4: Nissan Altima Lower Control Arm Investigation Expanded investigations | 21 days ago
2006 Nissan Xterra
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Xterra appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
The same defect exists in the Pathfinder & Frontier as well. And according to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
2006 Nissan Xterra Transmission Problems
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Xterra Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Xterra compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Xterra overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Xterra.