- October 13: Nissan Recalls Hybrid Vehicles That May Stall recalls | 7 days ago
- October 7: Nissan CVT Lawsuit Settlement Reached news | 13 days ago
- October 6: Nissan Melting Dashboard Lawsuit Allegedly Not Adequate news | 14 days ago
- October 1: 2022 Nissan Pathfinders Recalled Twice recalls | 19 days ago
- September 17: Recall: 2022 Nissan Pathfinder Hoods May Fly Open recalls | 33 days ago
2006 Nissan Xterra
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Xterra appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
The same defect exists in the Pathfinder & Frontier as well. And according to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
2006 Nissan Xterra Transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Coolant Leaked Into Transmission159
- Transmission Failure14
- Would Not Go Into Gear, Failed To Accelerate4
- Have A Shutter And Loud Noise And Won't Heat Up1
- Transmission Slipping1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission18
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission5
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Xterra Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Xterra compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Xterra overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Xterra.