- February 12: Nissan 370Z CSC Failure Lawsuit Aims For Class Certification news | 9 days ago
- February 8: Nissan Recalls Juke Nismo RS SUVs For Braking Problems recalls | 13 days ago
- February 6: Nissan CVT Cooling System Lawsuit Continues in Court news | 15 days ago
- January 22: Nissan Recalls Versas For Takata Airbags recalls | 30 days ago
- January 17: Nissan Recalls 2018 Versa Notes to Replace Side Airbags recalls | 35 days ago
2005 Nissan Xterra
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Xterra appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
The same defect exists in the Pathfinder & Frontier as well. And according to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
Worst 2005 Xterra Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems331NHTSA complaints: 56
- engine problems25NHTSA complaints: 233
- interior accessories problems11NHTSA complaints: 5
- body / paint problems7NHTSA complaints: 2
- cooling system problems7NHTSA complaints: 39
- exhaust system problems6NHTSA complaints: 3
- brakes problems4NHTSA complaints: 9
- AC / heater problems3
- drivetrain problems2NHTSA complaints: 336
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 15
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 317
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 5
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- windows / windshield problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 34
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 19
- steering problemsNHTSA: 7
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 6
- lights problemsNHTSA: 2
- clutch problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Xterra Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Xterra compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Xterra overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Xterra.