- October 13: Nissan Recalls Hybrid Vehicles That May Stall recalls | 7 days ago
- October 7: Nissan CVT Lawsuit Settlement Reached news | 13 days ago
- October 6: Nissan Melting Dashboard Lawsuit Allegedly Not Adequate news | 14 days ago
- October 1: 2022 Nissan Pathfinders Recalled Twice recalls | 19 days ago
- September 17: Recall: 2022 Nissan Pathfinder Hoods May Fly Open recalls | 33 days ago
2005 Nissan Xterra
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Xterra appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
The same defect exists in the Pathfinder & Frontier as well. And according to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
2005 Nissan Xterra Transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Radiator Leak Causes Transmission Failure307
- Jerking While Driving13
- Vehicle Shudders At 40mph7
- "Newly Replaced" Transmission Failed4
- No Low Gear2
- Sludge In Transmission Fluid2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission52
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission3
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Cooling Unit And ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Xterra Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Xterra compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Xterra overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Xterra.