- January 17: Nissan Recalls 2018 Versa Notes to Replace Side Airbags recalls | 4 days ago
- January 7: Subaru Investigated in Japan Over Mileage Claims news | 14 days ago
- December 31: Nissan Used Uncertified Inspectors For Decades news | 21 days ago
- December 28: Certain Automakers Falling Behind With Automatic Emergency Braking news | 24 days ago
- December 17: Nissan Transmission (CVT) Class-Action Lawsuit Filed news | 35 days ago
2008 Nissan Xterra
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: While the 2008 has fewer reports of coolant leaking into and killing the transmission than years past, the problem still exists. And for that reason alone, this SUV is not worth your time.
Worst 2008 Xterra Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems21NHTSA complaints: 3
- engine problems8NHTSA complaints: 17
- cooling system problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- interior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- body / paint problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- clutch problems1
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 23
- exhaust system problems1
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 15
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 14
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 13
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 7
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 5
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 2
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 2
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Xterra Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Xterra compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Xterra overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Xterra.