- October 10: Nissan Repairs Unintended Airbag Deployments in the Frontier, Titan and Xterra news | 12 days ago
- October 8: Nissan Facing Trouble in Japan Over Falsified Documents news | 14 days ago
- September 26: Nissan Sentra Xtronic CVT Lawsuit Targets 2012-2017 Models news | 26 days ago
- August 9: Nissan Settles Takata Class-Action Lawsuits For $98 Million news | 74 days ago
- August 9: Nissan Recalls Titan Crew Cab and Titan XD Crew Cab recalls | 74 days ago
2008 Nissan Xterra
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: While the 2008 has fewer reports of coolant leaking into and killing the transmission than years past, the problem still exists. And for that reason alone, this SUV is not worth your time.
Worst 2008 Xterra Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems21NHTSA complaints: 3
- engine problems7NHTSA complaints: 17
- cooling system problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- interior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- body / paint problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- clutch problems1
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 23
- exhaust system problems1
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 15
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 14
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 13
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 7
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 5
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 2
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 2
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Xterra Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Xterra compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Xterra overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Xterra.