- October 10: Nissan Repairs Unintended Airbag Deployments in the Frontier, Titan and Xterra news | 12 days ago
- October 8: Nissan Facing Trouble in Japan Over Falsified Documents news | 14 days ago
- September 26: Nissan Sentra Xtronic CVT Lawsuit Targets 2012-2017 Models news | 26 days ago
- August 9: Nissan Settles Takata Class-Action Lawsuits For $98 Million news | 74 days ago
- August 9: Nissan Recalls Titan Crew Cab and Titan XD Crew Cab recalls | 74 days ago
2006 Nissan Xterra
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Xterra appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
The same defect exists in the Pathfinder & Frontier as well. And according to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
Worst 2006 Xterra Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems175NHTSA complaints: 23
- engine problems29NHTSA complaints: 175
- interior accessories problems12NHTSA complaints: 4
- AC / heater problems5
- clutch problems5NHTSA complaints: 2
- exhaust system problems5
- drivetrain problems4NHTSA complaints: 210
- wheels / hubs problems4NHTSA complaints: 8
- cooling system problems3NHTSA complaints: 22
- windows / windshield problems3NHTSA complaints: 1
- electrical problems1NHTSA complaints: 26
- lights problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 11
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 353
- steering problemsNHTSA: 22
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 15
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 14
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 7
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 5
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Xterra Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Xterra compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Xterra overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Xterra.