- April 2: Nissan Recalls Vehicles To Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 2 days ago
- March 13: 2020 Nissan Versa Recalled To Replace Fuel Tanks recalls | 22 days ago
- February 23: Nissan Timing Chain Lawsuit Preliminarily Approved news | 41 days ago
- February 17: Owning An Electric Car Is More Expensive Than a Gas-Powered Vehicle news | 47 days ago
- January 15: Nissan Recalls 308,000 Vehicles To Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 80 days ago
Sludge In Transmission Fluid
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Xterra appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
The same defect exists in the Pathfinder & Frontier as well. And according to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 136,200 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 2 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- transmission flush (2 reports)