- February 28: Nissan Rogue Ignitions May Shut Off While Driving recalls | 20 days ago
- February 23: Nissan Steering Wheel Emblems Cause Recall recalls | 25 days ago
- February 7: Nissan LEAF Recall Issued Over Incorrect Defroster Instructions recalls | 41 days ago
- January 24: Nissan Murano Soft Brake Pedal Investigation Closed investigations | 55 days ago
- December 24: Hertz Investigated For Allegedly Renting Unrepaired Recalled Vehicles investigations | 86 days ago
Sludge In Transmission Fluid
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Xterra appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
The same defect exists in the Pathfinder & Frontier as well. And according to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 136,200 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 2 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- transmission flush (2 reports)
- No one has added a helpful site for this 2005 Xterra problem yet. Be the first!
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
I caught this problem early due to information on this site. It still set me back over 3 grand. Several transmission and engine flushes, new radiator and added a separate xmission cooler to prevent this from happening again. Still not sure how long transmission is going to last after all the sh*t that mixed in through the radiator.
- gcmjet, Pamplico, SC, US