- March 17: Nissan Recalls JUKEs For Second Time For Same Problems recalls | 1 days ago
- March 9: Nissan Wants Continuously Variable Transmission Lawsuit Dismissed news | 9 days ago
- March 8: Nissan Sentra Automatic Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 10 days ago
- February 24: Nissan Sunroof Exploded Like a Shotgun Blast: Lawsuit news | 22 days ago
- February 12: Nissan 370Z CSC Failure Lawsuit Aims For Class Certification news | 34 days ago
Radiator Leak Causes Transmission Failure
2005 Nissan Xterra (Page 1 of 16)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Xterra appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
The same defect exists in the Pathfinder & Frontier as well. And according to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 106,100 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 305 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- new radiator and transmission rebuild (89 reports)
- replaced radiator and transmission (49 reports)
- not sure (41 reports)
- replace transmission (35 reports)
- new radiator, transmission, and flush fluids (34 reports)
- replace radiator and transmission (28 reports)