- September 12: Nissan Rogue Automatic Emergency Braking Malfunctions Investigated recalls | 6 days ago
- August 26: Nissan Altima Lower Control Arm Investigation Ongoing investigations | 23 days ago
- August 20: Nissan Altima and Maxima Floorboard Rust Lawsuit Partly Dismissed news | 29 days ago
- August 20: Nissan LEAF Occupancy Sensor Causes Defect Petition investigations | 29 days ago
- August 17: Nissan Pays $1.5 Million in Ashlynn Nicole Overton Crash news | 32 days ago
Radiator Leak Causes Transmission Failure
2005 Nissan Xterra (Page 1 of 16)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Xterra appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
The same defect exists in the Pathfinder & Frontier as well. And according to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 106,200 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 306 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- new radiator and transmission rebuild (89 reports)
- replaced radiator and transmission (50 reports)
- not sure (41 reports)
- replace transmission (35 reports)
- new radiator, transmission, and flush fluids (34 reports)
- replace radiator and transmission (28 reports)