- May 11: Nissan Exploding Sunroof Lawsuit Dismissed news | 17 days ago
- May 2: 2022 Nissan Rogues Need New Fuel Tanks recalls | 26 days ago
- April 22: Nissan Sentra Headlight Replacement Recall Affects 6,000 Cars recalls | 36 days ago
- March 13: Nissan Altima Rust Class Action Lawsuit Settlement Reached news | 75 days ago
- March 11: Top Vehicle Safety Picks For 2022 news | 77 days ago
Radiator Leak Causes Transmission Failure
2005 Nissan Xterra (Page 1 of 16)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Xterra appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
The same defect exists in the Pathfinder & Frontier as well. And according to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 106,250 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 307 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- new radiator and transmission rebuild (89 reports)
- replaced radiator and transmission (51 reports)
- not sure (41 reports)
- replace transmission (35 reports)
- new radiator, transmission, and flush fluids (34 reports)
- replace radiator and transmission (28 reports)