- November 19: Nissan Versa Coil Spring Recall Expanded recalls | 1 days ago
- November 16: Nissan Rogues Recalled To Fix Rear Seat Problems recalls | 4 days ago
- November 11: Nissan Altima Rusted Floor Pans Cause Lawsuit news | 9 days ago
- November 8: Nissan Versa CVT Lawsuit Alleges Cars Fail to Accelerate news | 12 days ago
- October 28: Subaru Admits Selling Vehicles Without Proper Inspections news | 23 days ago
Radiator Leak Causes Transmission Failure
2005 Nissan Xterra (Page 1 of 16)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Xterra appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
The same defect exists in the Pathfinder & Frontier as well. And according to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 106,074 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 301 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- new radiator and transmission rebuild (89 reports)
- replaced radiator and transmission (48 reports)
- not sure (40 reports)
- replace transmission (35 reports)
- new radiator, transmission, and flush fluids (32 reports)
- replace radiator and transmission (28 reports)