- August 20: Nissan Altima CVT Lawsuit Filed in Massachusetts news | 0 days ago
- August 7: Nissan Recalls Versa Cars to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 13 days ago
- July 22: Nissan Sentra CVT Class-Action Lawsuit Survives Dismissal Bid news | 29 days ago
- July 15: Nissan Recalls 105,000 Versas For Deadly Takata Airbags recalls | 36 days ago
- July 3: Nissan XTRONIC CVT Lawsuit Includes Jukes and Versas news | 48 days ago
Radiator Leak Causes Transmission Failure
2005 Nissan Xterra (Page 2 of 16)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Xterra appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
The same defect exists in the Pathfinder & Frontier as well. And according to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 106,200 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 306 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- new radiator and transmission rebuild (89 reports)
- replaced radiator and transmission (50 reports)
- not sure (41 reports)
- replace transmission (35 reports)
- new radiator, transmission, and flush fluids (34 reports)
- replace radiator and transmission (28 reports)