- August 9: Nissan Settles Takata Class-Action Lawsuits For $98 Million news | 46 days ago
- August 9: Nissan Recalls Titan Crew Cab and Titan XD Crew Cab recalls | 46 days ago
- July 30: Ford and Mazda Want Out of Takata Recall of 2.7 Million Airbags recalls | 56 days ago
- July 21: Nissan Recalls 515,000 Versa Cars Due to Takata Airbags recalls | 65 days ago
- July 16: Nissan Timing Chain Noise Causes Lawsuit news | 70 days ago
2005 Nissan Xterra
accessories - interior Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Xterra appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
The same defect exists in the Pathfinder & Frontier as well. And according to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
Worst 2005 Xterra accessories - interior Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- fuel gauge does not work5
- cd stuck in my cd player2
- cruise control not working properly1
- door lock actuators not working1
- oil pressure gauge stuck on high1
- rear door is permanently locked from inside and out1
- NHTSA: Equipment3
- NHTSA: Child Seat1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Instrument Panel1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Xterra Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Xterra compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Xterra overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Xterra.