- August 7: Nissan Recalls Versa Cars to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 7 days ago
- July 22: Nissan Sentra CVT Class-Action Lawsuit Survives Dismissal Bid news | 23 days ago
- July 15: Nissan Recalls 105,000 Versas For Deadly Takata Airbags recalls | 30 days ago
- July 3: Nissan XTRONIC CVT Lawsuit Includes Jukes and Versas news | 42 days ago
- June 25: SUV Crash Test Ratings For 2018 Models news | 50 days ago
Nissan Recall : Air Bag & Steering Column Fasteners
2010 Nissan Xterra
In the event of a crash, the passenger front air bag deployment trajectory might be affected. The fasteners could possibly come out of the steering column positioning bracket increasing the risk of a crash.
Steering — Gear Box — Shaft Sector
Air Bags — Frontal — Sensor/Control Module
- Nissan has notified NHTSA of a defect in certain model year 2010 frontier, pathfinder, and Xterra vehicles manufactured from February 22, 2010 to March 13, 2010. On some of the potentially affected vehicles, the fasteners securing the passenger front air bag module, and also the fasteners securing the steering shaft positioning bracket may not have been tightened to the proper torque specification.
- Dealers will inspect the steering column and the passenger front air bag fasteners and any missing fasteners will be replaced and all loose fasteners will be retightened to the proper torque specifications free of charge. The safety recall began on April 19, 2010. Owners may contact Nissan at 1-800-647-7261.
- Documents (10)
Click a tab for more information.