- May 21: JATCO CVT8HT Reliability Questioned in Nissan Lawsuit news | 30 days ago
- April 29: Nissan Timing Chain Class-Action Lawsuit Survives Dismissal Bid news | 52 days ago
- April 25: Nissan Titan Trucks Recalled For Missing Labels recalls | 56 days ago
- April 24: 2009 Nissan Murano ABS Problems Blamed For 14 Crashes investigations | 57 days ago
- April 16: 2009 Nissan Murano ABS Actuator Will Be Replaced news | 65 days ago
Nissan Recall : Air Bag & Steering Column Fasteners
2010 Nissan Xterra
In the event of a crash, the passenger front air bag deployment trajectory might be affected. The fasteners could possibly come out of the steering column positioning bracket increasing the risk of a crash.
Steering — Gear Box — Shaft Sector
Air Bags — Frontal — Sensor/Control Module
- Nissan has notified NHTSA of a defect in certain model year 2010 frontier, pathfinder, and Xterra vehicles manufactured from February 22, 2010 to March 13, 2010. On some of the potentially affected vehicles, the fasteners securing the passenger front air bag module, and also the fasteners securing the steering shaft positioning bracket may not have been tightened to the proper torque specification.
- Dealers will inspect the steering column and the passenger front air bag fasteners and any missing fasteners will be replaced and all loose fasteners will be retightened to the proper torque specifications free of charge. The safety recall began on April 19, 2010. Owners may contact Nissan at 1-800-647-7261.
- Documents (10)
Click a tab for more information.