2004 Pontiac Vibe
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The Pontiac Vibe is the mechanical twin of the Toyota Matrix.
Both models were a joint GM-Toyota venture, manufactured together at a NUMMI production facility in Fremont, CA. Only the heating & A/C systems are different.
Worst 2004 Vibe Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- body / paint problems4NHTSA complaints: 20
- AC / heater problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- interior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 8
- engine problems2NHTSA complaints: 22
- lights problems2NHTSA complaints: 3
- transmission problems2NHTSA complaints: 3
- windows / windshield problems2NHTSA complaints: 70
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 15
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 83
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 12
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 8
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 7
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 6
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 4
- steering problemsNHTSA: 4
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 3
- clutch problemsNHTSA: 2
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 2
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Pontiac Vibe Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Vibe compares to other years?
Check out our Pontiac Vibe overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Vibe.