2009 Pontiac Vibe
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The Pontiac Vibe is the mechanical twin of the Toyota Matrix.
Both models were a joint GM-Toyota venture, manufactured together at a NUMMI production facility in Fremont, CA. Only the heating & A/C systems are different.
Worst 2009 Vibe Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems8NHTSA complaints: 68
- wheels / hubs problems6NHTSA complaints: 8
- electrical problems2NHTSA complaints: 11
- windows / windshield problems2NHTSA complaints: 6
- AC / heater problems1
- cooling system problems1
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 7
- transmission problems1NHTSA complaints: 5
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 82
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 29
- steering problemsNHTSA: 24
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 5
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 5
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 4
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 3
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 3
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 3
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Pontiac Vibe Model Years
Curious how the 2009 Vibe compares to other years?
Check out our Pontiac Vibe overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Vibe.