- October 11: Subaru Forester Passenger Airbag Sensor Recall Announced recalls | 6 days ago
- September 29: Subaru Forester Airbag Lawsuit Alleges Sensors Are Bad news | 18 days ago
- September 27: Subaru Recalls Legacy and Outback Vehicles For Brake Problems recalls | 20 days ago
- September 15: Subaru Starlink Class Action Lawsuit Preliminarily Approved news | 32 days ago
- August 10: Subaru Forester 'Passenger Airbag Off' Investigation Begins investigations | 68 days ago
Subaru Recall WQV-57: Drive Shaft May Detach From Differential
2016 Subaru Outback
If the drive shaft detaches from the rear differential, it may strike the fuel tank and result in a fuel leak, increasing the risk of a fire.
Power Train — Driveline — Driveshaft
Power Train — Driveline — Differential Unit
- Subaru of America, Inc. (Subaru) is recalling certain model year 2016 Legacy vehicles manufactured October 24, 2015, to November 16, 2015, and Outback vehicles manufactured October 24, 2015, to November 17, 2015. Due to the improper tightening of the securing nuts, the drive shaft may separate from the rear differential.
- Subaru has notified owners, and dealers will inspect the fastening nuts, and tighten or replace them, as necessary, free of charge. The recall began on December 10, 2015. Owners may contact Subaru customer service at 1-856-488-8500. Subaru's number for this recall is WQV-57.
- Documents (13)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - REPAIR PROCEDURE NUMBER: WQV-57 DATE: November 20, 2015 APPLICABILITY: All Affected 2016MY Legacy and Outback Models
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: November 20, 2015 Subject: Subaru Product (Safety Recall) Campaigns
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: December 10, 2015 Subject: UPDATE - Subaru Recall Campaign: WQV57 Propeller Shaft Attaching Bolt Torque
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - REPAIR PROCEDURE NUMBER: WQV-57 DATE: November 20, 2015
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - PRODUCT CAMPAIGN BULLETIN NUMBER: WQV-57 DATE: December 09, 2015
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2016-2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2016-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-1
Click a tab for more information.