7.8

$250

2. Toyota replaces or repairs for free (8 reports)
  3. replace dash (1 reports)
2007 Toyota Avalon accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota Avalon:

2007 Toyota Avalon Owner Comments

Aug 012018

Avalon LSX V6

cracked dash board

Toyota should fix the dashboard for free. This dashboard becomea sticky and shiny in the heat and sun. Dangerous to drive the car because you can not see clearly.

- G. H., Baltimore, MD, US

Aug 062016

Avalon Limited V6

Heard there was a recall on this problem, never received anything on it. Want dash replaced should not have cracked.

- Teresa-Shane W., Alma, GA, US

Feb 012016

Avalon XLE V6

Cracking started at the passenger vent and has continued in multiple areas across the entire dash. Now there are small chunks falling off. Very disappointing for what is supposed to be one of Toyota's best models.

- E D., Richlands, US

Jul 112018

Avalon Limited 3.5L V6

cracked dash board cracked dash board cracked dash board cracked dash board

I just found out that there was a recall for this year and model Avalon, but Toyota only stood behind it for 10 yrs. I just think being the 2nd owner of this vehicle Toyota should allow me to get the recall done, being both parties doesn't know if previous owner went to have it done and was convinced to buy a new vehicle. I'm just saying being a loyal Toyota customer and all.

- Jeffery W., North Chesterfield, US

May 012017

Avalon Limeted 3.5L

A CAR OF THIS QUALITY SHOUD NOT BE HAVING THESE ISSUES! IT IS THEIR FLAGSHIP CAR AFTER ALL.

- William M., Roanoke, US

May 162012

Avalon LXS 3.2L V6

Notices of recall have been frustrating, since they were not fulfilled.

- Stan L., Alexandria, LA, US

Sep 072015

Avalon XLE 3.5L V6

First of all there was just a small area but the top part of the dash felt sticky and later had really bad cracks popping up all over the place. I have bought Toyotas all my life but if stuff like this keeps happening it could be my last.

- Lon H., Rockledge, FL, US

Apr 302015

Avalon LX V6

click to see larger images

cracked dash board cracked dash board cracked dash board

A few months ago, I started to notice the dashboard was cracked...I was not aware this was a known problem until looking at the car complaints.com site.

- Donna E., Deerfield, FL, US

May 222015

Avalon XL

The dash started to crack on this, my 7th Toyota. By the next day it was cracking more; I could practically watch it. I looked it up on net and saw the bad news. No fix, no caring, no acknowledgement. I went next day and bought another non-Toyota car that was not the 2015 Toyota Highlander I was considering. I had decided to put off getting a new car because this Avalon was so great and I had just gotten new tires and all check-ups for it to keep another year or so or longer. I will probably never go back to a Toyota because of this problem.

- bakerfl, Orlando, FL, US

Jan 012009

Avalon Touring V6

My dashboard started cracking two years after I owned it. One, two, three cracks have turned into multiple cracks on the entire dashboard. Dealer says no recall which is ridiculous. I've owned at least 5-6 new cars as an adult & never have I experienced this type of problem. Yes, you'd think considering the car is an expensive car, Toyota would equip it with better quality material, but obviously like any big corporation with very deep pockets, the consumer who thought that it was the most luxurious buy of their life, doesn't have the resources to command attention from Toyota. It really is a shame.

- Tina R., Mandeville, LA, US

Oct 092009

cracked dash board

As soon as the car was out of warranty, it happened again. It is worse than ever.

- Carole W., Fort Myers, FL, US

Oct 092009

click to see larger images

cracked dash board cracked dash board cracked dash board cracked dash board cracked dash board

Toyota makes a car that lasts a long time but it looks like crap. They use the cheapest hard plastic material that doesn't stand up to cold and heat and cracks right after the warranty expires. So I guess their strategy is to make it awful so you'll trade it in. Shame on them, they can do better.

WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO PAY FOR WHAT WAS SUBSTANDARD TO BEGIN WITH????

- Carole W., Fort Myers, FL, US

Dec 032012

Avalon LS 3.2L V6

This is my wife's car and she really loves the Avalon. It is in excellent condition except for one problem which started happening with Dash Board Cracking. Brought it to the dealer once and they said they could not do anything about it. I would love a number to contact Toyota main headquarters. The dashboard is increasingly getting a heck of a lot worse cracked from Driver's side to Passenger side. I am afraid my airbag is going to deploy due to the cracks in the dash. I have owned many cars and this has never happened to me before. I think TOYOTA NEEDS TO STAND BEHIND THEIR FAULTY DASHBOARDS AND TAKE SOME RESPONSIBIITY. THESE CARS ARE NOT CHEAP CARS - SHAME ON TOYOTA. I WILL NOT BUY ANOTHER TOYOTA AND WILL MAKE SURE EVERYONE I KNOW HEARS ABOUT THIS PROBLEM AND HOW TOYOTA TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY.

- Ronald K., Slidell, LA, US

Jun 142014

Avalon V6

Very disappointing Toyota! This is a luxury vehicle, yet the quality of this dashboard is poor. I cannot believe Toyota would manufacture a vehicle (especially top of the line vehicle) where the dashboard would crack in multiple places. I am not sure how this will effect the safely of the car since there is an airbag beneath the cracks.

Toyota - please stand by your product and offer to fix free of charge for all customers experiencing this issue!

- unhappyavalonowner, Apex, NC, US

Feb 012014

Avalon Limited V6

click to see larger images

cracked dash board cracked dash board

I am a used car dealer here in central Florida, I see 100s maybe thousands of used cars every year and most southern Toyota 2006-2008 give or take have cracked dashboards!!! It is obvious that Toyota has a big problem if the materials used to make these cracking dashboards! If I sold thousands of cars with the same problem and didn't major pull in certain areas and or agencies I'd be on the "action reporters" most wanted reel!! It is really sad that such a well know and respected company would just totally turn their back on so many LONG TIME and LOYAL CUSTOMERS!!! The only solution I see is write call email and don't stop complaining till they at the very least acknowledge they have a problem. VERY VERY VERY DISAPOINTING TOYOTA!!! Guess I'm done, the pics by the way are of a 2007 Avalon Limited I am trying to sell at $3000+ below fair market value. Thanks Tommy

- tommytx1, Winter Springs, FL, US

Aug 292013

Avalon XLS 3.5L

I take excellent care of my car, I paid a lot of money for it and now it looks like a piece of junk! I am afraid the airbag is going to come out!!.

- booperf3, Summerfield, FL, US

Jul 102013

Avalon XL 3.5L

cracked dash board cracked dash board cracked dash board cracked dash board

I will be no yelling, just really annoyed to se cracks develop on the dash of my Avalon, I took such good care of this vehicle, loved just about everything about it. 16300 miles it still looks and drives like new. I would like to keep it as long as possible, but now I began to wonder if it is a good idea. I will log in a complaint with my dealer and see what will be their response. I see that I am not alone, this seems like a wide spread problem. Is anything g being done to have Toyota rectify this issue?

- Sam S., Windermere, FL, US