- November 15: Toyota Recalls 40,000 Prius Plug-In Hybrids That Can Stall recalls | 8 days ago
- November 15: Toyota Recalls C-HR SUVs Due to Parking Brake Problems recalls | 8 days ago
- November 11: Toyota Tundra Rear Bumper Lawsuit Says Brackets Failed news | 12 days ago
- October 28: Subaru Admits Selling Vehicles Without Proper Inspections news | 26 days ago
- October 19: Toyota Recalls Sienna Minivans Over Rollaway Risk recalls | 35 days ago
Knock In The Steering Wheel
CarComplaints.com Notes: Beware of the NHTSA complaint data for the 2004 Camry. It is almost certainly misleading.
The problem with NHTSA data for the 2004 Camry is that for months on end, the news media repeatedly told the public that several Toyota models had an unintended acceleration defect, & to go to safercar.gov (the NHTSA's website) to file a complaint.
So, the NHTSA received a disproportionate number of complaints about unintended acceleration issues because of the national news media attention, to the point where their data is unreliable taken in context with any other vehicle that did not receive national news attention.
CarComplaints.com typically receives more complaints per day about vehicles than the NHTSA does, but the news media did not repeatedly say "go to CarComplaints.com to report your Camry acceleration problems" like they did about the NHTSA -- so although we have less complaint data than the NHTSA for the 2004 Camry, our data for the Camry is a far more statistically accurate representation of the Camry's reliability than what the NHTSA data shows.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 29,725 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 4 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- change the yolk (1 reports)
- change the yolk in the steering wheel (1 reports)
- not sure (1 reports)
- replaced steering shaft (1 reports)