- January 14: Toyota Emissions Settlement Reached For $180 Million news | 14 days ago
- December 19: Toyota Steering Column Problems Cause Recall recalls | 40 days ago
- December 1: Toyota RAV4 Primes Recalled For Headlight Problems recalls | 58 days ago
- November 30: BMW Z4 and Toyota Supra Recall: Fuel Leaks recalls | 59 days ago
- November 27: DENSO Fuel Pump Recall Expanded recalls | 62 days ago
Toyota Engineering Analysis EA08004: SIDE FRONT POWER WINDOW SHATTERS
2004 Toyota Corolla
SIDE FRONT POWER WINDOW SHATTERS
Visibility:Power Window Devices And Controls
- For the subject vehicles, there is a possibility that the retention force of the regulator bolts which attach the front side window glass to the power window regulator may not be sufficient due to an interference of the retention nut and the bolt shoulder radius.in this condition the bolt may become loose, causing a loud noise to be generated when the window is raised or lowered.if the vehicle and the power window are continuously operated in this condition, the bolt may completely separate, causing the glass to become misaligned, and in the worse case, the glass may shatter during operation of the power window.General Motors corporation (GM) and Toyota North America, Inc. (Toyota) will conduct a safety recall on the Pontiac vibe, Toyota Corolla and Toyota matrix vehicles to replace the regulator bolt with a bolt and washer.GM will recall 122,593 MY 2003-2004 Pontiac vibe vehicles.ODI is aware of a total of 16,045 warranty and goodwill claims, 274 field and consumer reports, and 23 injuries for these vehicles.Toyota will recall 415,341 MY 2003-2004 Toyota Corolla vehicles. ODI is aware of a total of 6,601 warranty claims, 150 field and consumer reports, and 11 injuries for these vehicles.Toyota will recall 124,244 MY 2003-2004 Toyota Corolla matrix vehicles.ODI is aware of a total of 2,198 warranty claims, 113 field and consumer reports, and 6 injuries for these vehicles.ODI is aware of a total of 24,843 warranty claims, 537 field and consumer reports, and 40 injuries for 662,178 MY 2003-2004 vehicles.the recall is identified by NHTSA number 08V-162.
Click a tab for more information.