- December 15: Toyota Tacoma Recall Issued To Replace Master Cylinders recalls | 1 days ago
- December 15: Toyota Recalls Corolla, Sequoia, Tundra and Lexus SC recalls | 1 days ago
- December 14: Toyota Land Cruisers and Lexus LX 570s Recalled recalls | 2 days ago
- November 21: Toyota Highlander Steering Column Recall May Be Needed investigations | 25 days ago
- November 7: 4Runner TRD SUVs Recalled by Southeast Toyota Distributors recalls | 39 days ago
Toyota Recall G03: Brake Fluid Level Sensor Inoperative/FMVSS 135
2016 Toyota Highlander
If the brake fluid level is low and is not detected, the braking performance may be decreased, increasing the risk of a crash.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Fluid
Electrical System — Wiring
- Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing (Toyota) is recalling certain model year 2016 Highlander vehicles manufactured May 26, 2016, to September 16, 2016. The brake fluid level sensor may not be connected to the wire harness, preventing the sensor from detecting the brake fluid level. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 135, "Light Vehicle Brake Systems."
- Toyota will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and, as necessary, connect the wire harness to the sensor, free of charge. The recall began November 14, 2016. Owners may contact Toyota customer service at 1-800-331-4331. Toyota's number for this G03.
- Documents (14)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Toyota Published October 21, 2016 Dealer Letters and Technical Instructions Now Available on TIS
- 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Published October 21, 2016 Subject: Safety (Noncompliance) Recall G03 – Remedy Notice
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - TOYOTA 2016 MY HIGHLANDER
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - DATE: 10/25/2016 TOPIC: Op Codes have been added for claim submission
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Toyota Published October 25, 2016 UPDATED Dealer Letters and Technical Instructions Now Available on TIS
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2016-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.