- August 18: $242.1 Million Awarded in Lexus ES 300 Seatback Lawsuit news | 1 days ago
- August 14: Toyota Prius Windshield Replacement Lawsuit Argued in Court news | 5 days ago
- July 31: Toyota Air Conditioner Smell Lawsuit Says Mold Builds Up news | 19 days ago
- July 27: Toyota Camry Mold Smells Cause Lawsuit news | 23 days ago
- June 25: SUV Crash Test Ratings For 2018 Models news | 55 days ago
Toyota Recall G03: Brake Fluid Level Sensor Inoperative/FMVSS 135
2016 Toyota Highlander
If the brake fluid level is low and is not detected, the braking performance may be decreased, increasing the risk of a crash.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Fluid
Electrical System — Wiring
- Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing (Toyota) is recalling certain model year 2016 Highlander vehicles manufactured May 26, 2016, to September 16, 2016. The brake fluid level sensor may not be connected to the wire harness, preventing the sensor from detecting the brake fluid level. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 135, "Light Vehicle Brake Systems."
- Toyota will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and, as necessary, connect the wire harness to the sensor, free of charge. The recall began November 14, 2016. Owners may contact Toyota customer service at 1-800-331-4331. Toyota's number for this G03.
- Documents (14)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Toyota Published October 21, 2016 Dealer Letters and Technical Instructions Now Available on TIS
- 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Published October 21, 2016 Subject: Safety (Noncompliance) Recall G03 – Remedy Notice
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - TOYOTA 2016 MY HIGHLANDER
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - DATE: 10/25/2016 TOPIC: Op Codes have been added for claim submission
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Toyota Published October 25, 2016 UPDATED Dealer Letters and Technical Instructions Now Available on TIS
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2016-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.